New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339101 times)

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1410 on: Mar 10, 2013, 01:26 PM »
speaking of trains, anyone on here ever hear of the walleye train on champlain, think i will start a post on it. I remeber years ago, was on lake up near putnam station, when the train came, we got action, walleyes. Tried to tell the youngg guyus about it but they just dont get it, tried goolgleing it, but nothing ever wrttin on it I guess.

We used to fish Putnam Station 40 years ago and we joked a lot each time a train came by but I can't really say that it caused the fish to bite, even though we pretended it did.

FIshing back then was fantastic.  It has gone to hell now.

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1411 on: Mar 10, 2013, 01:47 PM »
I still get flags almost every time the train goes by

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1412 on: Mar 10, 2013, 01:55 PM »
Fishing's gone to hell you say? Really? That's interesting! Would have to respectfully disagree. LOL!

Mike

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1413 on: Mar 10, 2013, 03:17 PM »
Most likely my last ice outing for the year before I'm institutionalized next week! Bill and I both got into a few fish including a couple of keepers! Was a great season with good friends, some old and some new! Hope everyone had a successful year on the ice!

All the best!

MK

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1414 on: Mar 10, 2013, 04:13 PM »
Yes, great weekend and great year Mike.  Glad to have fished with jagergirl also.  See you next weekend.  Plenty of ice time left.

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1415 on: Mar 10, 2013, 04:24 PM »
Nice pics jagger

JJ

« Reply #1416 on: Mar 10, 2013, 07:54 PM »
Ice is holding up surprisingly well in Diamond Point, getting to be plank season though, shorelines are going. The other surprise is very few people fishing in the area, wonder why?  ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1417 on: Mar 10, 2013, 09:36 PM »
Most likely my last ice outing for the year before I'm institutionalized next week! Bill and I both got into a few fish including a couple of keepers! Was a great season with good friends, some old and some new! Hope everyone had a successful year on the ice!

All the best!

MK

I'm sorry I missed you guys this weekend, but I had to wait till I was better. I'm done w/the antibiotics & side effects, so tomorrow I will start hitting the ice hard,  for the last week of toothy critters. Looks like you guys had a good weekend. Maybe we can get together in the open water. Good luck w/your surgery.

Jeff

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1418 on: Mar 10, 2013, 10:06 PM »
Heading up tomorrow out by Phelps island for the last time this season.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1419 on: Mar 11, 2013, 09:56 AM »
            I'm sorry I missed you guys this weekend, but I had to wait till I was better. I'm done w/the antibiotics & side effects, so tomorrow I will start hitting the ice hard,  for the last week of toothy critters. Looks like you guys had a good weekend. Maybe we can get together in the open water. Good luck w/your surgery.

Jeff

Jeff the ice on Abanakee was 16-18 inches, but did have about 8 inches of snow on it.  Had 6-8 inches of ice on LG, great traveling.  The pressure crack opened up a bit when we left at 1:30 yesterday.  We caught 6 fish and hooked and lost 3.  Maybe a few more day's left on LG too.  I'm set for Thursday for Durant, let me know how you made out today, and how much snow is on the lake, I really want to bring my wheeler.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #1420 on: Mar 11, 2013, 10:02 AM »
Fished off the MDB area both days. There was some puddled water on top by the end of the day sunday, but overall still solid.  Vets is getting a little tough, the shoreline is very soft there.

Caught lots of perch pretty much everywhere we tried all weekend.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1421 on: Mar 11, 2013, 02:41 PM »
Fished off the MDB area both days. There was some puddled water on top by the end of the day sunday, but overall still solid.  Vets is getting a little tough, the shoreline is very soft there.

Caught lots of perch pretty much everywhere we tried all weekend.
Sorry our party crowded you a bit. The first couple guys headed that way thinking that was our spot because of the tight group of clams. 
I thought I recognized you from a couple pics. You should have stopped by. The grill was going for most of the day.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

JJ

« Reply #1422 on: Mar 11, 2013, 05:50 PM »
 ??? That's OK, I seem to be managing without you so far.

You could at least answer my PM?

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1423 on: Mar 11, 2013, 06:02 PM »
Hey jj, I on the other hand am interested in doing a trip with you. In the few trips iv made to lake George for smallies iv done kinda crappy. Might be location, might be tactic I don't know but I figure booking a trip with you would be a good way to learn.  I just got off your site and was interested in how you target the smallies in the 5 to 8 man evening  trips. Live bait, trollin, etc? Thanks for the info in advance I know bass seasons a ways off but I like to plan things out in advance.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1424 on: Mar 11, 2013, 06:34 PM »
Hey jj, I on the other hand am interested in doing a trip with you. In the few trips iv made to lake George for smallies iv done kinda crappy. Might be location, might be tactic I don't know but I figure booking a trip with you would be a good way to learn.  I just got off your site and was interested in how you target the smallies in the 5 to 8 man evening  trips. Live bait, trollin, etc? Thanks for the info in advance I know bass seasons a ways off but I like to plan things out in advance.

i'll go too  ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1425 on: Mar 11, 2013, 06:37 PM »
Haha captin jj is the best.  Did a day trip landed 23 lakers 5 smallies and a cisco

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1426 on: Mar 11, 2013, 07:48 PM »
I know it's late but anybody want to fish in the morning??

I was lucky enough to schedule a service call tomorrow at the outlets  ;D   ...   so i get to fish all morning

I was thinking the knob, mdb or hearthstone  ...  reply or pm me ...  it's been a long day so i may not reply until the morning but i can text or call on the way up

Offline jperson22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1427 on: Mar 11, 2013, 07:50 PM »
anyone know how the ice off of vets beach? hope to take one last trip tomorrow

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #1428 on: Mar 11, 2013, 07:54 PM »
When I went past there Saturday there was a complete village out on the ice.  Don't know what the shore ice looks like now.  You might want to bring a plank.  If not, you should be able to get on Bixby with a plank.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1429 on: Mar 11, 2013, 08:15 PM »
Me and my father went off Pilots knob this morning and Then went over to Veterans park....

Pilot's knob, is no longer safe after today. We got off the ice over there at noon and the wind was howling. Opened up the pressure cracks over there a good 3-4 feet or so....only 4" of ice in most places, if not less.

Veterans shore is shot. Good thick ice, until you get out a ways. Ice was very soft, everywhere. The wind did a wonder today on that lake.....she was singing.

JJ

« Reply #1430 on: Mar 11, 2013, 08:34 PM »
??? That's OK, I seem to be managing without you so far.

You could at least answer my PM?

Just want to let everyone know there was a misunderstanding, not a big deal. @) I could see how something I had posted could be taken the wrong way.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1431 on: Mar 11, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Why cant I get a service call in lake George.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1432 on: Mar 12, 2013, 04:18 AM »
Why cant I get a service call in lake George.

funny .....   even funnier is this one is real   :o

i have 5 or 6 appointments in glens falls every winter that do not exist but give me a good excuse to fish lake george  ;D

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #1433 on: Mar 12, 2013, 07:52 AM »
Sorry our party crowded you a bit. The first couple guys headed that way thinking that was our spot because of the tight group of clams. 
I thought I recognized you from a couple pics. You should have stopped by. The grill was going for most of the day.

No worries  ;D   We all got a pretty good kick out of it afterwords :laugh: 

Offline beaver1080

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1434 on: Mar 12, 2013, 01:32 PM »
funny .....   even funnier is this one is real   :o

i have 5 or 6 appointments in glens falls every winter that do not exist but give me a good excuse to fish lake george  ;D

where was your service call? we had one at my store today

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1435 on: Mar 12, 2013, 06:05 PM »
 :( :( :( :( WOW  What a ghost town.   yea its over

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1436 on: Mar 12, 2013, 07:38 PM »
yup all good this must come to an end. sux i missed out on the last few weekends,looks like i prolly miss the rest of the ice season hoping to get out SOMEWHERE at least once more.just want to say thanx to everyone who posted pics and info on this thread this year,it was 1 hell of a year on the KING for us,i already cant wait for the next ice on LG. stay safe out there everyone and tight lines.....oh and for all you fellas i didn't get a chance to fish with....we'll get em next year

JJ

« Reply #1437 on: Mar 12, 2013, 08:10 PM »
I walked on the ice briefly this afternoon, it is holding up so far; lots of water flowing into the lake with the heavy rain and snowmelt.

Offline icepick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1438 on: Mar 13, 2013, 08:39 AM »
Stayed there last memorial weekend. The creek was much lower but just as cold! Hope the edges are good for this weekend.
Who needs a boat when you can walk on water:)

Offline ART

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1439 on: Mar 13, 2013, 03:33 PM »
ANYBODY GETTING OUT ANYPLACE MDB PILOTS KNOB ECT
Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.