Author Topic: mismatched Sriker suit  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
mismatched Sriker suit
« on: Dec 16, 2016, 02:39 AM »
Have any of you guys got the Hardwater bibs and Predator coat?  I'm doing this because I think the Hardwater coat will be too warm because the bibs and coat over laps and don't want to be too warm.  The main reason I went with the Hardwater bibs is because I wanted the heavier duty material.

Offline motocross269

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: mismatched Sriker suit
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2016, 12:49 PM »
I just ordered the Hardwater complete suit... While I was reading reviews I saw quite a few guys were getting the Hardwater bibs and either the Climate or Predator Jacket...With the climate Jacket you have some versatility at zipping out the liner....Down the road I may be sorry I didn't get the Climate jacket but we will see...

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2016, 01:00 PM »
That seems to be a good combo ...Hardwater Bibs and either Predator or Climate Parka....some just get the Bibs as they seldom use a Parka/outer jacket ...

I have the Climate Bibs/Parka...but way to hot with liners in for my area ...so wear them w/o liners ...just got the Predator Bibs/Parka  this was my original choice some time back ...but ran out of my size on a great deal so went full in on the Climate ...originally steered away from the Hardwater due to its Carhartt feel ... but after looking/felling the Hardwater..I would of went with that .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2016, 07:33 PM »
I like the Hardwater bibs but in all honesty they're too warm most of time and because of that I have the zippers opened some to vent out the extra heat.  One thing is for sure about the Hardwater line, I'll be dead before I ever get cold in them.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2016, 11:36 AM »

I have the climate jacket with lake effect pants and I don't layer , street clothes under neither

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2016, 04:14 PM »
The hardwater jacket has zippers in the armpits for ventilation. Pockets all over the place, but yea these suits are for the more extreme weather climates. When it is around 0°F nice to have the hardwater. Big, bulky, and warm. A lot depends on a persons tolerance to cold and weather you sit on a pail all day or in a shack or run and gun.
It must be something in the water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.