Author Topic: Vados Bait orderi???  (Read 1757 times)

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Vados Bait orderi???
« on: Nov 13, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Has anyone else ordered bait from Vados lately? I cannot seem to get an order. I tried online and after several attempts to change shipping address; I gave up. Then tried to call and got answering machine. Left 3 messages. Tried again online. Got email that order went through, but nothing on credit card and no shipping cost? WITH. Anybody know what's going on with Vados? Other than smaller than expected "Giant Mealworms" I have never had problems getting bait for years now. Did someone buy them out maybe?

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Vados Bait orderi???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2018, 01:54 PM »
if you've ordered from them before, you'd know they don't charge your card until it ships and that they hand figure out the shipping charge themselves.  sometimes they'll call you about the costs if its larger than normal due to length from the store. 

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2018, 03:28 PM »
why not eliminate your problem and order from Ja-Da. Cheaper in nearly all cases and I've never had a problem.

Offline eastchannel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2018, 04:17 PM »
X's 2 on Ja-Da

Offline eastchannel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2018, 04:18 PM »
X's 2 on Ja-Da

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2018, 04:27 PM »
jada is the exact same price for me and they dont' have colored spikes. 

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Yep- Jada or Knutsons I guess. Vados called me back and said they do not have mealworms or waxworms yet. Said their winter just started. Shipping charge was going to cost $38 for three containers of bait. More than cost of bait ordered. He also told me "you don't have to order if I don't want" Really!!! I wanted bait for weekend trip. Tried to order Monday morning and on Tuesday afternoon he tells me I don't have to order! Wow! Well, I guess I don't have to order...... or order from someone else!

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2018, 05:27 PM »
If you need them this weekend I’d look at some pet stores for mealworms and wax worms

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2018, 07:59 PM »
Ive had great luck with these guys.
I ordered up my bait this week.

http://www.knutsonlivebait.com
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2018, 09:58 AM »
Made my order with Knutsons. No hassle and cheaper shipping!

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Where you from? I'm from Nebraska and unfortunately Knutson's is $30 shipping for 1000 spikes. Jada, $23 and free shipping. Just depends where guys are from but regardless its free shipping with Ja Da as far as I know.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2018, 11:04 AM »
I talked to a bait shop owner near me about getting waxies in bulk, I told him otherwise I buy my bait online. He ended up selling me at about the same price maybe a little cheaper as online with shipping. I told him I would rather buy local he agreed. So that is what I do now after years of buying online. No more worrying about bait getting frozen sitting in mail box or parked overnight in the back of a delivery truck. You don't know unless you ask the bait shop owner.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2018, 11:07 AM »
Where you from? I'm from Nebraska and unfortunately Knutson's is $30 shipping for 1000 spikes. Jada, $23 and free shipping. Just depends where guys are from but regardless its free shipping with Ja Da as far as I know.

Vermont.
Its around $18 shipping.
I can get the bright red through them.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2018, 11:33 AM »
I talked to a bait shop owner near me about getting waxies in bulk, I told him otherwise I buy my bait online. He ended up selling me at about the same price maybe a little cheaper as online with shipping. I told him I would rather buy local he agreed. So that is what I do now after years of buying online. No more worrying about bait getting frozen sitting in mail box or parked overnight in the back of a delivery truck. You don't know unless you ask the bait shop owner.
None of my bait stores will order them. I either try to get a bulk pack during a reptile show, or just buy them at the pet store I work at. Which reminds me, the show is in Jan so I have to see who is going or if I “need” to go to the expo myself lol.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2018, 11:53 AM »
None of my bait stores will order them. I either try to get a bulk pack during a reptile show, or just buy them at the pet store I work at. Which reminds me, the show is in Jan so I have to see who is going or if I “need” to go to the expo myself lol.

Wow even gas stations and convenience stores sell waxies and spikes around here. But you pay dearly.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2018, 12:28 PM »
finally convinced a local shop here to start carrying spikes. t hey all carry waxies but meh.  prefer spikes.  i can get 1000 shipped for 25 bucks from vados or jada but at the local shop its 5 bucks for 50.  i get it got a make a buck but i'll keep ordering.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2018, 12:36 PM »
My order from Vado's went thru fine on Sunday and arrived yesterday, Im ready for ICE!

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2018, 03:09 PM »
My standard order to Jada  every year in November . 1000 spikes and 500 wax worms. Normal year usually lasts well past ice out. Never a problem. If I have to reorder believe me I am smiling. As it would mean I have a banner year going.

I follow the included instructions on keeping to the letter. The spikes I keep in the fridge in the packing they were shipped. The waxworms are stored in my bait/fruit cellar. The waxies I remove from their shipping tubs. I also add fresh wood chips and remove any dead or dying ones immediately. Then store in 1 gallon open top plastic pail. Small light above stays on 24/7 to prevent crawling.

While fishing I use bait pucks. A large one for waxies and a small one for spikes. When I return home from fishing trip. I leave in pucks. So as not to mix them. Next trip I add a little to each tub if needed.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 15, 2018, 04:16 PM »
I have been ordering from Vados for several years now. Always around this time. Never had an issue except for small "giant mealworms" Shipping is expensive,  but cheaper to buy in bulk and have bait on hand all season rather than buying from tackle shops and gas stations. Most places out west won't have spikes this early and they are usually in poor shape when they do have them.  I keep spikes in fridge all winter and only put what I need for outing in bait puck. I keep waxies and mealies in garage. I frequently sort through them to remove any dead worms and keep them from freezing. I have only run out of wax worms once in a season and that because my wife will only bait her own hook with them and she is slow setting the hook and "feeds" half the fish in the lake before catching some!  We will see how Knutsons order holds up and post again. I have ordered from them in the past and had no issue.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #19 on: Nov 16, 2018, 09:23 AM »
I ordered 500 waxies and 500 spikes for $25 from Ja-da.  Free shipping.  First time, so I’m looking forward to seeing the speed/quality.  I’ve never ordered from Vados so I can’t comment.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #20 on: Nov 16, 2018, 10:53 AM »
Of coarse the bait shops don't want to sell in bulk but if you ask the owner they might. It worked for me.

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 16, 2018, 11:14 AM »
Bigbassman-let us know how it goes. Free shipping? Really?
Thanks for tip Eric! I will ask bait shops.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Nov 16, 2018, 12:06 PM »

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Nov 16, 2018, 11:08 PM »
I am in Utah. I got my order from Knutsons today. Right on time and bait was in good shape. Giant mealworms are smaller than I like but healthy looking. Half the price of estimated shipping cost from Vados. 

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #24 on: Nov 24, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Ok, does anyone have experience with Ja-Da shipping times?  I said I was going to report on my experience compared to Vados, but I still haven’t received my order placed two weeks ago (11.15).

Free shipping is great — as long as they actually ship your order.  Is this normal?
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Nov 24, 2018, 12:24 PM »
Ok, does anyone have experience with Ja-Da shipping times?  I said I was going to report on my experience compared to Vados, but I still haven’t received my order placed two weeks ago (11.15).

Free shipping is great — as long as they actually ship your order.  Is this normal?

They ship USPS ...they will not ship if temperatures are going to be frigid on the shipping route ..they figure in holidays too ….worst time to order is between Christmas and New Years ...I usually order around December 15th...and cross my fingers for an Xmas kick off in my area. Plus they do not send an Email tracking number ...love JADA bait but they get busy before a anticipated cold snap an fulfill orders in order of date.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Nov 24, 2018, 02:26 PM »
Got my JADA order today.  They DO (Weather timing shipping) to enhance suitability upon delivery.

Michigan Temperatures hit the 40's the last two days too.

Yeah I too wish they send USPS Tracking numbers, but the have always arrived.

Blessings
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #27 on: Nov 24, 2018, 03:06 PM »
Ok, thanks for the info, guys.  Hopefully they’ll ship this week!  Ice season is in full-swing here in CO!
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #28 on: Nov 29, 2018, 01:20 PM »
Ok, I received my order from Ja-Da -- ordered on 11/15, and received on 11/28.  The quality seems good, and can't beat free shipping.  May have been delayed a little due to the holiday, so overall I'm satisfied.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline fish56

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 02, 2018, 03:25 PM »
I used to order from Vados, but if I remember right, they calculate shipping after you place your order. I like to know the price upfront.
I've been ordering from CritterGrub. They only carry plain white spikes, waxworms, and mealworms.
Good fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.