Author Topic: Best tip up lights???  (Read 14675 times)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Best tip up lights???
« Reply #30 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10:45 PM »
Was this set of six remote lights overlooked?    Watch for a sale and save.  Good for windows, doors and tip ups.   :thumbsup: ;)2

https://www.harborfreight.com/six-sensor-wireless-home-alarm-94799.html

Offline T-Hawker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:12 PM »
I know they aren't cheap and more than just lights but I bit the bullet and bought 6 Blue Tipz and a Receiver and love them.  The audible alarm on the receiver or your phone makes it great for daytime fishing inside a shelter when the propane heater fogs the windows.  Using the tips from Deep Freeze Fishing (manufacturer of Blue Tipz), I can get 200 yards of coverage when I had the receiver raised on a 10' pole on the side of my permanent shack.  Receiver repeats signal to my phone inside the shack.
Seasoned deer hunter, greenhorn fisherdude.

Offline superstockbigblock

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 23, 2017, 08:18 AM »

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #33 on: Dec 23, 2017, 08:27 AM »
I use the cheap frabill lil shiner tip up lights.batteries have lasted 6 years so far.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 23, 2017, 12:50 PM »
The Blue Tipz are too high tech for me. To me, that takes the fun away from looking out the Windows for flags.  I have the Arctic Fire. I usually get them at the end of the season when they are on sale for around $8. It seems that more people here use the Lil Shiners. How do they compare to the Arctic Fires?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #35 on: Dec 23, 2017, 01:01 PM »
The Blue Tipz are too high tech for me. To me, that takes the fun away from looking out the Windows for flags.  I have the Arctic Fire. I usually get them at the end of the season when they are on sale for around $8. It seems that more people here use the Lil Shiners. How do they compare to the Arctic Fires?
think the only difference is that the arctic fires have a on/off switch and the lil shiner do not.you have to loosen the battery cap on those to keep the battery from dying if tipped up.

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Nov 13, 2018, 12:54 PM »
idahogator,
Those wireless alarms didn't work for me.  The magnet is glued inside the plastic and it comes loose.  All six of mine came loose after very little use.  I didn't bother trying to take them apart to see if I could glue them.  Plastic is brittle also.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #37 on: Nov 13, 2018, 02:56 PM »
Another vote for the Frabil Lil Shiners.  I use them on my Frabil Pro-Thermals and Heritage Laker tip ups.  Work great.  Still on the same batteries they came with! :)

Ditto. My favorites were the HT's that used the mercury switch, but the damn tree huggers took care of those.

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Nov 13, 2018, 05:14 PM »
I too like the Omni lights, but the old style, not the new ones.  The old ones had a pen clip on them rather than the clip they have now.  The old ones held closer to the flag and just seemed easier to work with.

Me 3 for the Omni lights.... also have the old school ones. Probably have them for 15+yrs with no major issues. Don't get a lot of use maybe only a couple of hours  for 3-4 trips per year(we usually fish mornings so don't use them most trips).

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 07, 2020, 08:39 PM »
I like the Arctic Fire.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:16 AM »
Strike Sensors, mine are 10+ years old and going strong.

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 08, 2020, 11:23 AM »
Lighthouses are by far the most superior tip up light out there. The light spins as the fish runs with it so you can tell from a distance if there is a fish on or just a hit n run.

14 bucks a piece but well worth it.

Offline Timandjo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 25, 2020, 07:56 AM »
Got some just the tip tip up lights work fine , 6 assorted colors for 45 bucks free shipping,  www.justthetiplight.co m

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.