Author Topic: Ice Report  (Read 11415 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice Report
« Reply #30 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:20 PM »
Fished Canaan St Lake 2-27. 15" ice.
? 27.5? what are you saying
Salmonemia

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:22 PM »
? 27.5? what are you saying

He fished on Feb 27th and there was 15” of ice 😀

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:31 PM »
Fished Moultonborough Bay near Swissvale Monday and Tuesday on roughly 20 inches of ice. 

I am planning on heading back up again next week!

I was able to get a few decent fish, even jigging up a 20" pickerel.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline Rackbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Mar 01, 2018, 06:44 PM »
Lake Sunapee: 10-15” of ice, beach at state park is still solid but rain on Friday may change that. Easy walking but definitely need creepers.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #34 on: Mar 02, 2018, 04:12 AM »
I have been fishing all week on a variety of small lakes and ponds in the lakes region and everyone has Atleast 18 to 20 inches of ice..edges are decent ..been running a quad
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline huntnfishz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 02, 2018, 06:02 PM »
Fished march 1 bout 30 minutes north of Cornish, 12" ice.

Offline IcePhishing4Fun

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Mar 03, 2018, 06:35 AM »
Considering making a longish drive north to Laurel Lake in Fitzwilliam in the next couple days.

If any has seen the lake and can tell me the ice conditions that would be awesome?

Or recommend some other pond close by that has better ice please respond here, or PM if you'd rather, thanks...
Give me ICE or give me DEATH!

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2018, 07:37 AM »
Iced out today in the Nottingham area.  Earliest I  have ever seen.

Offline Jack1972

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2018, 12:04 PM »
Just punched some holes for Cusk traps on Merrymeeting, 15" still. Plenty safe on the south side near the boat launch. Some guy was out wind skiing or whatever the hell that's called & was all over the place, didn't fall through.

Offline sbelanger1977

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Mar 03, 2018, 01:53 PM »
has anyone been to
Nubanusit lake in NH in the last couple days..dont wanna make the trip tomorrow if ice is no good

Offline sbelanger1977

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Mar 03, 2018, 02:02 PM »
have you been to nubanusit since the 25th ?

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #41 on: Mar 03, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Fished the lakes region again today and the ice was going fast..lost about 6 inches today I bet of white ice..still easily a foot but stinks it’s over ..boat next week I guess
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Mar 03, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Big Diamond Pond

26 inches today.

My son had a blast, lots of flags...mostly shorts.

Great place for the youngsters getting there first lake trout...Bring Smelt.

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Mar 03, 2018, 06:58 PM »

My son had a blast, lots of flags...mostly shorts.

Glad to hear you guys had a good trip and got on the trout!
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline fishcaptain1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Mar 03, 2018, 07:59 PM »
Hey green shack is the lake ready for a kayak yet I was up there a week ago and it was fading fast

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Mar 04, 2018, 08:03 AM »
Yes, ice in some coves, main part of the lake is wide open.

Offline Lcabait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Mar 04, 2018, 05:30 PM »
18” on little lake Sunapee, edges were still good. Slow day today.

Offline Teamrustyhook

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Mar 04, 2018, 06:31 PM »
Call anyone tell me where I can make one last trip out next weekend? Everything in southern NH is gone. I'm thinking lakes region might be a feasible option. Maybe sunapee or newfound.

Offline IcePhishing4Fun

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Mar 04, 2018, 10:52 PM »
Warwick MA 12-14.
Give me ICE or give me DEATH!

ItsmeitsmeitsJSG

« Reply #49 on: Mar 05, 2018, 07:57 AM »
well, it's been fun. Im packing my crap up and storing it for summer. Time to get ready for stripers

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Mar 05, 2018, 08:31 AM »
well, it's been fun. Im packing my crap up and storing it for summer. Time to get ready for stripers
::)  Two months still first stripers.  Sounds like a long period of cabin fever!
Still lots of ice here in the north country. 
Dick

ItsmeitsmeitsJSG

« Reply #51 on: Mar 05, 2018, 08:53 AM »
you're right, I may make some attempts for winter flounder in hampton/seabrook from the kayak, will put new deck paint and a trolling motor on the boat, get lobster gear ready, maybe make some groundfishing charter trips and by then the stripers should be here

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Mar 05, 2018, 11:57 AM »
Made my last trip on lake Wentworth on  Thursday... after fishing every day last week.. I could see a lot of changes in the integrity of the ice.. the shore line is still solid but ice has lost about 6 inches in that weeks time... I started with over 22")... a lot of nasty holes have opened up .. especially at the south end.... it was a good long season.. one of the best for white perch an a few years...but there are enough bad spots to make me call it a season... a good run is better than a bad stand ;D.. especially if we get a little snow on top...  It took 3 days to clean all my aquariums... ( 4 of them).. which include a 125 Gallon reef tank.. a  35 gallon sea horse tank ... a 100 gallon fresh water tank and a 20 gallon  invertebrate tank.. all were severely neglected during the ice fishing season... I've got  to get the plants started in the hot house and this storm left the yard a mess... I need to stow the gear... then get the boat ready for the salmon opener .. it'll come faster than we think...I've got eel pots to mend  and eels to trap before the Stripers get here... I love ice fishing but  stripers are what I do......those that keep fishing be safe.. Hope you get that monster you have been dreaming  of all winter..

Roc

"A mans got to know his limitations"

ItsmeitsmeitsJSG

« Reply #53 on: Mar 05, 2018, 12:25 PM »
Any of you seacoast guys dabble in some winter flounder action? I may give it a shot

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Mar 05, 2018, 01:04 PM »
Any of you seacoast guys dabble in some winter flounder action? I may give it a shot
  still a might early for them.. but when the tides right.. sea run whites are a fun option...

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Mar 05, 2018, 01:24 PM »
Made my last trip on lake Wentworth on  Thursday... after fishing every day last week.. I could see a lot of changes in the integrity of the ice.. the shore line is still solid but ice has lost about 6 inches in that weeks time... I started with over 22")... a lot of nasty holes have opened up .. especially at the south end.... it was a good long season.. one of the best for white perch an a few years...but there are enough bad spots to make me call it a season... a good run is better than a bad stand ;D.. especially if we get a little snow on top...  It took 3 days to clean all my aquariums... ( 4 of them).. which include a 125 Gallon reef tank.. a  35 gallon sea horse tank ... a 100 gallon fresh water tank and a 20 gallon  invertebrate tank.. all were severely neglected during the ice fishing season... I've got  to get the plants started in the hot house and this storm left the yard a mess... I need to stow the gear... then get the boat ready for the salmon opener .. it'll come faster than we think...I've got eel pots to mend  and eels to trap before the Stripers get here... I love ice fishing but  stripers are what I do......those that keep fishing be safe.. Hope you get that monster you have been dreaming  of all winter..

Roc

Ah so that is why you were catching all the fish the other day you are using sea horses for bait! Who carries them around here I need some.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #56 on: Mar 05, 2018, 01:50 PM »
  still a might early for them.. but when the tides right.. sea run whites are a fun option...

If you ever need company once those bass move in..... ;)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Mar 05, 2018, 02:27 PM »
Ah so that is why you were catching all the fish the other day you are using sea horses for bait! Who carries them around here I need some.
shhhhhhhh... secret weapon... they grab the fish with their tails!
.. this is Matilda...she's not up for being bait!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Mar 05, 2018, 05:09 PM »
shhhhhhhh... secret weapon... they grab the fish with their tails!
.. this is Matilda...she's not up for being bait!

I use to have a bunch of fish tanks lots of work. Just let me use Matilda for one day.

Offline fishcaptain1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Mar 05, 2018, 05:24 PM »
I do a lot of flounder fishing in the kayak in the spring usually start in the first part of may and threw first part of June till you need to work for them
They are a blast to catch and I think they are the best tasting fish in the ocean except for red fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.