Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Ada Hayden (Ames)  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ada Hayden (Ames)
« on: Oct 16, 2017, 09:09 PM »
Anyone ever get on Ada Hayden in the winter. I have only bee a few times with limited success. What about the Linda just to the west of the lake?

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: Ada Hayden (Ames)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2017, 09:31 AM »
If you use the search feature you'll find previous posts about Ada Hayden, lots of info.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2017, 10:18 AM »
If you use the search feature you'll find previous posts about Ada Hayden, lots of info.

Thank you!

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2017, 05:05 PM »

If you read the posts on Ada Hayden there is actually very little info in any of them which I kind of figured. Trout are hit and miss. They are all about timing. Other than that it's pretty slow Ice fishing.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2017, 09:05 AM »
I've never personally caught anything there and I fished it when I was in college. I know the big part of the lake is where you go to catch crappies and possibly perch and walleyes. The smaller part is where the trout are and they travel in a circle around the lake. The best time to catch the slimy ones is when they first dump them in, past that they don't feed as often. If you look on the IA DNR website they have a contour map on there now I believe.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2017, 09:48 AM »
Unfortunately it's a tough lake to fish. I caught a crappie there on my very first cast and haven't seen one since. I have caught some very nice sized bass and white bass out of there during the summer months.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.