Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2018  (Read 71812 times)

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2018
« Reply #540 on: Apr 01, 2018, 05:32 PM »

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #541 on: Apr 01, 2018, 06:36 PM »
Too bad it had to die.  Another genetic freak removed from the gene pool. Too bad the clowns in the circus can't see past their own self-interest for the greater good of sport fishing sustainability.

Thanks Chiselhead......your comments have been well noted.

;)2

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #542 on: Apr 01, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Too bad it had to die.  Another genetic freak removed from the gene pool. Too bad the clowns in the circus can't see past their own self-interest for the greater good of sport fishing sustainability.

Very ignorant comment he has every right as a sportsman to do what he pleases as you your terrible opinions. But look at the quality of your posts your values seem to contradict themselves.. Negative since 2014 Bye Felicia!

How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline suckerbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #543 on: Apr 02, 2018, 04:46 AM »
Great way to end the season! Awesome looking laker. If you don't mind any more details on fish. Depth of water and what it hit?

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #544 on: Apr 02, 2018, 07:07 AM »
03/31/2018

WOW What a season ender.......

Stopped at my bait box to clean it out this morning on the way to the lake......grabbed the rest of my suckers, smelt and redfins to pass out.

Bridge held up nice overnight and was able to get across no problems, met up with Psycho and set up in 35fow. Tippin was the first on the board today while Laker Taker bounced around the lake. We saw them but couldn't get them to commit.

Just before noon we heard Laker Taker say on the radio he just pulled up a 33"er. He brought it over to show us before takin it in for a certified scale weight at Newfound Grocery store. It was all there, nice laker! After the official weight, it was 13.75lbs. Nice Lake Trout!

Great way to end his season, We were both tied at 163 each and then he broke the tie with this laker putting him at 164. Way to end your season ol buddy! Welcome to the over 10'lber (double digit) club too. You certainly deserved and earned it.

Shared plenty of good food and laughs today talking about our Epic Season. Everyone did well this year with personal bests and I think it had to do with having good ice that allowed up to travel to places we haven't been able to get to over the last several years.

Sunburnt a bit today....warm wind and warm weather. Great friendship and good times. Sad but really nice to see everyone together as it started. Smiles....

On the way back to the bridge, the ice let go. Psycho and Tippin went through in 4' of water (not on their wheeler) but while walking up to it to check it.
We readjusted the bridge and helped everyone over the bridge walking then carryed stuff across to lighten the load. Then the wheelers and sleds went over. Not bad, Bridge sank down on the deep end and was solid coming back onto the launch. Good team work right up till the end!

Want to thank everyone on the Newfound Circus for being a part. What fun and adventure....all the while doing it together in some form. This was our EPIC season that we will talk about for a while. You had to be there.......
Thanks too to all those that contributed to this thread...it makes for a good read I think. I hope you all liked it. Till next season...............

That concludes our Newfound Circus Season 2018. It's in the books (and videos). Stay tuned for more videos from this season during the summer.

Cheers!
.. AWESOME way to end the season.. congratulations laker taker... Thanks jigging for the "ride"..i never made it over there this season but I looked forward every day to reading your reports on the "local" activities.. congratulation to all the "circus"  on a season well fished...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #545 on: Apr 02, 2018, 07:08 AM »

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #546 on: Apr 02, 2018, 07:12 AM »
.. seriously.. that's all you got... NO ONE cares more about the well belong of the lake and the fish that swim in it than this group of outstanding men and women...grow up and get over yourself.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #547 on: Apr 02, 2018, 04:53 PM »
Nice laker and good way to end the season men! Ignore the miscreant from PETA who probably doesn't fish and is a vegan !! ;D

Offline Lcabait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #548 on: Apr 02, 2018, 05:59 PM »
Great season guys, what a beautiful fish congrats!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #549 on: Apr 02, 2018, 06:59 PM »
Nice to see everyone the other day. Next year I'm hoping to make it over there a bit more.

M&M and crew got me wanting bass after sending me home with one (that was the yummiest fish besides cusk!) so I spent more time on the ponds close to home. I need to learn more about it.....all I caught were perch and slimedarts, but it was still fun.

Catch you guys next year.  :)

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #550 on: Apr 02, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Nice to see everyone the other day. Next year I'm hoping to make it over there a bit more.

M&M and crew got me wanting bass after sending me home with one (that was the yummiest fish besides cusk!) so I spent more time on the ponds close to home. I need to learn more about it.....all I caught were perch and slimedarts, but it was still fun.

Bass is very tasty! Hope to run into you sometime out there Guinea! Have a great rest of the year!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #551 on: Apr 02, 2018, 07:41 PM »

Steph good to see you are still here. I made a few trips to the Dark Side this year they had cookies. You have a very good bass pond close to you I'll turn you on to it next year. Bass bite is on right now iced 10 Saturday and 9 today.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #552 on: Apr 02, 2018, 09:55 PM »
Stephanie, what a tease you are!
You wait till IS' season swansong to show up?
You've been missed by the M&M crew.  ;D

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #553 on: Apr 03, 2018, 08:33 AM »
Great fish and great way to end the season! Put the time in and you will be rewarded.
Just add water.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #554 on: Apr 04, 2018, 09:35 AM »
Best thread on the forum... thank you. I look forward to checking back during the summer for all the videos.

Congrats to all the Circus members on a phenomenal season... even the team effort to install a bridge to extend the season is a true testament to what you guys have going up there. I was hoping to spend more time on Newfound this season, but only managed one short trip... something to improve on next year.

Laker Taker - hell of a fish - way to end the season and win the fish-off with Jiggin - talk about crossing the finish line in style.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #555 on: Apr 04, 2018, 12:42 PM »
We need to get some of you Newfound guys to visit Lake George and vise versa.  Ive been meaning to hit Newfound but we had great conditions on LG this year! 

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #556 on: Apr 04, 2018, 03:24 PM »
We need to get some of you Newfound guys to visit Lake George and vise versa.  Ive been meaning to hit Newfound but we had great conditions on LG this year!

Watch out what you ask for.  ;D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #557 on: Aug 31, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Thinking about ice with the recent weather and upcoming heat wave.....

Enjoy in HD

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #558 on: Aug 31, 2018, 09:46 PM »
Jiggin thank you for the off season tease with this latest video. Always enjoy your videos very high production quality.
Steve

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #559 on: Sep 01, 2018, 03:55 PM »
Nice vid Jiggin!
Have been doing some minor repairs on the bob house just this past week!
As the monkey said when he laid his tail across the RR tracks...”it won’t be long now!”   ;D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #560 on: Sep 01, 2018, 09:10 PM »
Thanks!

Doing the same: upgrades to the bobhouse, replaced a chain in the Argo, some repairs here and there, making jig stixs, re-herculined my floor etc......

Still more to do.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #561 on: Sep 06, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Thinking about ice with the recent weather and upcoming heat wave.....

Enjoy in HD

Nice video Jiggin' it's always nice to kill a block of time at work with your vids and good tunes!

Now I'm jonsing for ICE
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #562 on: Oct 04, 2018, 06:38 AM »
Another video.....

Visiting the Dark Side and Bouncing the Bobhouse to another location.

Enjoy in HD!

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #563 on: Oct 04, 2018, 08:05 AM »
Another great video Jiggin!... though, it certainly isn’t helping this itch I just can’t seem to scratch. Ice can’t get here fast enough
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #564 on: Oct 15, 2018, 06:49 PM »
Another great video.. Thanks

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #565 on: Oct 22, 2018, 06:22 AM »
Episode 8.....Fishing Alone Today. Snowed overnight, long ride to the bobhouse (way across the lake).

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #566 on: Oct 22, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Well done, thanks for making and posting these vids Jiggin!!
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #567 on: Oct 22, 2018, 07:48 AM »
 ;D  ;D nice vid Jiggin!

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #568 on: Oct 22, 2018, 05:53 PM »
Kewl video  :afro:
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #569 on: Oct 23, 2018, 05:28 PM »
Motivating video Jiggin!  Great work as always.  Nice shout out to Cody with a catch of a lifetime.  Only down size to catching a 16 pound Laker is once you catch one you want to catch another. 
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.