Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2018  (Read 71810 times)

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2018
« Reply #450 on: Feb 25, 2018, 08:25 PM »

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #451 on: Feb 26, 2018, 07:42 AM »
Had a great time doing derby this weekend..was able to keep a Laker on board all weekend,but got bumped off Sunday afternoon..
Highlights:
-new spot never fished before producing.
-weather cooperated somewhat.
-cusklines did well Sunday
-getting turned around on lake during snow storm checking cusklines..snow blind..thank god for navionics!
-newfound circus chatter
-staying out sat. Night (didn’t sleep much).
-the excitement of being on board.
-gathering at capt. Black sat night...always good to see that group.

Great time !

ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
« Reply #452 on: Feb 26, 2018, 08:46 AM »
Slow weekend for us over in the Hebron area. Tons of marks on the flasher but couldn't seal the deal. Someone from our group caught the winning cusk. We also had a 3.68 pickerel caught by someone else but that got bumped off the board.

Another great derby though, lots of laughs, food and drinks. Felt nice to get a normal night's sleep last night.
Marking anything?

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #453 on: Feb 26, 2018, 02:36 PM »
2/26/2018

Went out to check on the house today. The lake is nice for traveling. Not much snow and slush. I expected worse.

Beautiful day out. Some wind but very warm and sunny. Great day to bounce around the lake hitting spots but I didn’t, just went out to bring home my cusk lines and see how everything was doing.

Saw a house being pulled off the lake. Glad they were using an Atv and not a truck as the boat launch going out.

Still a ton of ice on the lake and March fishing is upon us soon. Days like today would be awesome towards the end of March.

Looks like gonna have to build a bridge to get across and protect the boat launch.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #454 on: Feb 26, 2018, 05:21 PM »
2/26/2018

Went out to check on the house today. The lake is nice for traveling. Not much snow and slush. I expected worse.

Beautiful day out. Some wind but very warm and sunny. Great day to bounce around the lake hitting spots but I didn’t, just went out to bring home my cusk lines and see how everything was doing.

Saw a house being pulled off the lake. Glad they were using an Atv and not a truck as the boat launch going out.

Still a ton of ice on the lake and March fishing is upon us soon. Days like today would be awesome towards the end of March.

Looks like gonna have to build a bridge to get across and protect the boat

Let us know so we can help with the bridge work party!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #455 on: Feb 27, 2018, 04:16 PM »
Beautiful day out there and conditions perfect for wheeler travel or walking! Gave it a days rest and went out today. Skunkapalooza! 😀
Going to bump the house early tomorrow over towards the western shore of whittemore point as I have my brother coming out Friday and hope to let him see some lakers on the camera at least even If we can’t catch any...😖
Warm day and breezy. No holes or water on th surface. Wellington ramp looked the same. Had a nice gent come out and ask if we could help him pull his house off the lake and we took a few minutes at lunch time and got his house back to the parking lot with no trouble! Argos rule! 😀

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #456 on: Feb 27, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Nice report mobizz....thancks

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #457 on: Feb 28, 2018, 01:09 PM »
Another video

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #458 on: Feb 28, 2018, 02:15 PM »
Jiggin, another great video.. as always thanks for sharing!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #459 on: Feb 28, 2018, 02:24 PM »
Cool stuff! Hoping the new spot we bumped to this morning has more hungry lakers! Just bumped but didn't fish yet...other stuff to do today and tomorrow morning. Back out there in the crappy weather on Friday! hope it's not too crappy!

Offline shamogan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #460 on: Feb 28, 2018, 05:20 PM »
Hey everyone!

Looks like I need to go out and repeat my experiment again this weekend. We'll be up there on Saturday, so feel free to come say hi to us, we will be in the big orange tent
...and of course any help getting the gear transported out to the cite and back is very much appreciated.

Cheers!
Shannon

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #461 on: Feb 28, 2018, 06:51 PM »
Decided to strategically bump house about 3 miles tonight....to get closer to the exit point at end of season. Got some crazy weather coming, tied her down good, made sure blocks were the largest I had so house wouldn’t blow of them with these high winds coming up...perfect night to do it, top inch was slush, and no wind. Met up with phyloPhil,jiggin, and lakertaker at my house after everyone was all set, and discussed strategy for end of season.....as always great times and laughs with buds.....good luck to all with houses out there !!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #462 on: Feb 28, 2018, 06:58 PM »
Decided to strategically bump house about 3 miles tonight....to get closer to the exit point at end of season. Got some crazy weather coming, tied her down good, made sure blocks were the largest I had so house wouldn’t blow of them with these high winds coming up...perfect night to do it, top inch was slush, and no wind. Met up with phyloPhil,jiggin, and lakertaker at my house after everyone was all set, and discussed strategy for end of season.....as always great times and laughs with buds.....good luck to all with houses out there !!

Please keep us posted on the end of season strategy! We bumped our house this morning and plan to fish tomorrow afternoon and Friday if the weather is not too wild. Probably will be pulling the house off next week or
sooner??

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #463 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:15 PM »
2/28/2018

Checked the house, its all set but i did have one tie down hole opening up just a tad. Filled it with slush and put some more on my holes under the house just in case.

I see you bounced over to Whittemore side Mowbizz. If you go slightly north from where your at, you will see my yellow tie downs from where i left them and bounced to where i am now. I plan to bounce back on Sunday and hook back up to my tie downs so push over Mowbizz! Lol. Your getting some company (but not till Sunday). 

Boat launch is in bad shape.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #464 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:26 PM »
2/28/2018

Checked the house, its all set but i did have one tie down hole opening up just a tad. Filled it with slush and put some more on my holes under the house just in case.

I see you bounced over to Whittemore side Mowbizz. If you go slightly north from where your at, you will see my yellow tie downs from where i left them and bounced to where i am now. I plan to bounce back on Sunday and hook back up to my tie downs so push over Mowbizz! Lol. Your getting some company (but not till Sunday). 

Boat launch is in bad shape.

Lol we’ll be honored to be in such good company! See you this weekend!
 By the way I did see the area you are talking about where the snow had been plowed up all around...figured someone had been there. 😜

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #465 on: Mar 01, 2018, 10:07 AM »
I love the circus videos especially the ones with laker cam!
Thanks Jiggin for keeping me entertained now and through the summer months when I long for ice fishing!
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #466 on: Mar 01, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Went out for a few hours this afternoon after a docs appointment...conditio ns the same as yesterday on the lake (about an inch of corn slush on top of 14” of good ice)
Got a chew and screw on a tip up and no takers on the lakers but saw more on camera in a couple hours than in the last 2 weeks in the other spot. Taking my brother out tomorrow to introduce him to jigging for lake trout...no suckers to be had in the local bait shops...they say everyone’s out of them. Going to try something different and see how the fish react.
If it’s successful I’ll post about it...if not 😡

Offline redneckfisherman5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #467 on: Mar 01, 2018, 09:25 PM »
Be careful at the Wellington ramp underneath the foot of water and broken up ice is some holes the size of 55 gallon trash cans, you can still get on to the right of the ramp or to the left . Tomorrow will be a deffinately hurting on the ramp and probbaly make it just about done for . Best of luck to who ever has shacks out there still, weathers needs to turn
Trout -the real pink meat

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #468 on: Mar 01, 2018, 09:45 PM »
Be careful at the Wellington ramp underneath the foot of water and broken up ice is some holes the size of 55 gallon trash cans, you can still get on to the right of the ramp or to the left . Tomorrow will be a deffinately hurting on the ramp and probbaly make it just about done for . Best of luck to who ever has shacks out there still, weathers needs to turn

Yeah I got on and off okay by going right on the way out and I tried the other side coming back with no problems. I’m going to be out there tomorrow to ride out the storm and see what it does to the ice. Ramp is toast as we all know. Maybe I’ll have to test the Argo’s boating abilities!😬

Offline BerrysBait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • We have Smelt and Suckers
« Reply #469 on: Mar 02, 2018, 07:13 AM »
If anyone is still in need of suckers I have plenty at our shop in New Durham on Berry Road.

We are loaded up with a couple hundred 4-8 inch suckers and a pile of 10-14 inch suckers.. We have a tank full of Smelt and 2 tanks of Shiners Med/Large Golden’s & Small Redfins

Find us on Facebook @Berry’s Bait
Or call @ 603-817-0328.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #470 on: Mar 02, 2018, 10:53 AM »
Quick mid-day update on conditions here on Newfound...snowed earlier then had a couple hours of rain and very little wind surprisingly. No huge downpours and now the wind is picking up a bit and rain stopped for now.
I think we made out pretty good with the storm up here.
My daughter is on the coast in Hampton and she says it’s wild there with the power going out a little while ago. I’ll Report later too.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #471 on: Mar 02, 2018, 11:00 AM »
Thanks for the update Mowbizz. Hoping it stays quite up there for a weekend trip. I do have a plank though!
Just add water.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #472 on: Mar 02, 2018, 12:06 PM »
Thanks for the update Mowbizz. Hoping it stays quite up there for a weekend trip. I do have a plank though!

You’re welcome!
Here’s a few pics of the conditions right now...started spitting light rain with a few wind gusts. Slush has actually hardened up so you can walk on top. Seen a half dozen lakers on cam but nobody’s feeding yet!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #473 on: Mar 02, 2018, 12:08 PM »
Some serious gusting happening now...

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #474 on: Mar 02, 2018, 12:24 PM »
I am in RI, you should see it here!
Just add water.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #475 on: Mar 02, 2018, 12:28 PM »
I am in RI, you should see it here!

I believe you!😳

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #476 on: Mar 02, 2018, 02:24 PM »
Boat launch is porked. Think I need to build a bridge for this weekend.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #477 on: Mar 02, 2018, 03:08 PM »
Jiggin and I believe laker taker houses are high n dry but in puddles.
Tippin I don’t know where your house is?
No holes opened up anywhere!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #478 on: Mar 02, 2018, 03:35 PM »
Storm should be over soon other than high winds. Hopefully all of the NH big lakes held onto the ice they had before the storm!
Just add water.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #479 on: Mar 02, 2018, 05:47 PM »
3/02/2018

Went home and grab my planks and cross pieces. With the help of Psycho, Laker Taker, Tippin and Mowbizz we were able to put the bridge together and string it across the open water / cruddy ice.

Hopefully no one will use this bridge for removing houses or driving cars / trucks across. It is ONLY intended for foot travel, snowmobiles and ATV's so we can continue to fish and more importantly to get off the ice at the end of the day.

All are welcome to use this bridge but again, we purposely sized it for ONLY for foot travel, snowmobiles and ATV's.

Thanks guys for the help! Good work, Appreciate it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.