Author Topic: What can all be Caught  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
What can all be Caught
« on: Jan 06, 2020, 07:20 AM »
I have been going to Balsam Bay for a few years now and all i have ever caught is Pic's if they are biting , but i hear rumors of Perch etc and maybe someone can share if they have had luck with multi species fishing luck ?
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: What can all be Caught
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2020, 09:48 AM »
Perch, pike, bots, cats. You never know.

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2020, 06:01 PM »
Hmmm , all i have ever caught is Walleye so long days when no bite .Going out over five on Balsam but nada for anything else
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Species I have caught during hard water season on LW proper (i.e. not including the tributaries) include: Walleye, sauger, burbot, perch, pike, goldeye, white bass, sucker, cisco, channel cat. To the best of my recollection that's in order of most to least and the last 3 as far total numbers would be 2, 2 and 1 respectively in over 15 years of ice fishing on that lake.

On LW south basin it's not easy to "target" all but the first 3 species in the winter. The next 2 species are somewhat frequent incidentals but there are a couple places where they can be targeted with more reliability but then the first 3 aren't typically there. The last 5 in the winter are complete flukes IMO.

Offline snipersam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2020, 09:07 PM »
id love to know how you target pike on lake Winnipeg. the one time I tried I ended up with auger blades in the sand lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.