Author Topic: Robohawk Phone Tethers?  (Read 1284 times)

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
Robohawk Phone Tethers?
« on: Nov 13, 2020, 01:13 PM »
Has anyone tried these?  I have their "Wingman 330" and it works well.  Seems like a great idea and pretty checp "insurance" on a phone falling out of a pocket and finding its way down a hole.  Any opinion or insight on the effectiveness of the product(s)?

https://www.robohawk.us/collections/phone-hawk-tethers

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
Re: Robohawk Phone Tethers?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2020, 01:26 PM »
woulda saved me 900$ but probably inconvinient to use at times...unless I went back to using an actuall camera like I should.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2020, 01:38 PM »
Wow, pretty spendy for a lanyard you could probably get for $1.99 and attach yourself.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2020, 02:06 PM »
I've used their rod and paddle leashes - work great, well made and a native Iowa company

decent deal going on: Buy the Wingman 330 and get 50% off of any phone tether! Use promotion code SAVEMYPHONE50 at checkout. Offer ends 11/16.

They make excellent tool leashes too for tooh pick style hook removers, stats, etc.

Catchin' Fish

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2020, 02:41 PM »
In addition to the Wingman 330 I have the Hawk phone tether and thus far has worked good for summertime use.  I have yet to test out while ice fishing.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2020, 03:03 PM »
I use this: Does not need to be complicated.

I never go in the field without my phone tied to my person. It can be as simple as a piece of paracord, but what I use now is a fishing lanyard, and loop a piece of braided fishing line through the speaker hole in the bottom of my phone case.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=fishing+lanyard&i=sporting&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2020, 04:00 PM »
I agree that the lanyard part of this is simple to address.  The connecting to a phone or case is the interesting part.   

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2020, 05:32 PM »
I just use a loop of braided line, and loop that through the speaker hole of my $2 case. Has worked fine for me the last 2 years.

Offline sleddog1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2020, 06:44 AM »
I’ve been using one for the last two seasons. Wouldn’t be without it.

Offline ductape

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2020, 06:18 PM »
They work great. Easy to put on and take off. Hold the phone securely.
I use mine ice fishing, fishing the river below the dam and while fishing on the kayak. Easy secure access to the phone and camera.

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #10 on: Nov 15, 2020, 10:22 AM »
Those that have these, which model do you recommend?

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 15, 2020, 10:53 AM »
A tether for a cell phone? I do 1 of 2 things depending on what I'm doing; put it in a pocket & snap/button/zip it closed, or leave it in the truck, either way I ignore it. I don't need to entertain myself with, call or wait for a call when I'm busy fishing. There are benefits to disconnecting that seems to have been lost by way too many folks.

Then again, whatever blows your hair back.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #12 on: Nov 15, 2020, 10:57 AM »
A tether for a cell phone? I do 1 of 2 things depending on what I'm doing; put it in a pocket & snap/button/zip it closed, or leave it in the truck, either way I ignore it. I don't need to entertain myself with, call or wait for a call when I'm busy fishing. There are benefits to disconnecting that seems to have been lost by way too many folks.

Then again, whatever blows your hair back.

:thumbsup:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2020, 11:00 AM »
But most fishermen aren't on there phones talking or texting.   There taking them in and out of there pockets to take pictures and videos.  Well  thats me anyways... ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline ductape

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 15, 2020, 05:45 PM »

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 15, 2020, 06:08 PM »
But most fishermen aren't on there phones talking or texting.   There taking them in and out of there pockets to take pictures and videos.  Well  thats me anyways... ;)

If your friends aren't believing your fish stories you're not telling them right ;D

Offline BreweryBuilder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2020, 09:23 AM »
I have an S8 active so doesn't need a case so there was no way to connect to the case. This is what I did. The green part for the phone was ~$10. I like to make things myself so I decided to weave the lanyards myself. I did (2) at different lengths. The short one can be clipped to my ice suit. The long one could be used for in a portable. The two together work good when I go to LOTW in a day shack. All different length make it good for getting just the right length so I can get it right in front of me for use no matter where it hangs. Plus if needed in an emergency I have 55' of paracord for use. Probably overkill but I have been known to do that. Good insurance IMO.

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2020, 01:32 PM »
I ended up ordering a 2 pack of phone tether pads a 2 pack of shock absorbing tool lanyards.  I like the idea, but this game me a couple of them to have for a similar price.  Cheap insurance. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.