Author Topic: Fun day in Eastern Idaho  (Read 2341 times)

Offline CuttemJack

• IceShanty Rookie
Fun day in Eastern Idaho
« on: Jan 24, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Fished Roberts Gravel Pond today with my 6 year old Jace.
I let him play hookey today since it was going to be such a pretty day and I have to work most Saturdays and have a day off during the week.
He wanted to go where we could catch alot of fish. I had never fished here before but it is small and the fishing was red hot. We caught small perch about as fast as I could keep his two rods in the water. They were mostly peewee perch from 4-7" with a couple small rainbow and a couple banana trout I think, (they were yellow trout unlike any I have ever seen).
It was a great day and he had a blast. It would be a great day to take a kid fishing as the action was pretty much nonstop.
Ice was super thick on this shallow pond. I measured with my spoon and I would guess it is close to 18".
Sure was a pretty day to be outside!!

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fun day in Eastern Idaho
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2007, 09:29 AM »
Hey Jack......  Are you the same CuttumJack from the Refuge?   Perch fishing for kids is a great way to get them hooked on fishing.  Look at me...... 60 and still at it......

Offline CuttemJack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2007, 08:19 PM »
Yup, I use the same name on any forum I am registered at.
I wanted to try Ririe yesterday to try to catch some Kokanee and some larger perch but we made the right choice in heading out to Roberts. It's not how big, it's how many when your 6. :D
Do you do any turkey hunting up your way? I don't make it up as far north as you but I do make it to Orifino to hunt gobblers in the spring.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2007, 09:54 AM »
Yep, I hunt turkey and most anything else thats in season and available...  I usually try to go south once or twice a year for fishing and bird hunting, or sometimes for Antelope.  Its been a couple of years now so Im over due a trip. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.