Author Topic: Perch Reports?  (Read 5086 times)

Offline CuttemJack

• IceShanty Rookie
Perch Reports?
« on: Jan 09, 2007, 09:30 PM »
Has anyone had any luck with Perch lately?
We caught about 15 7-9" perch on Ririe Reservoir a couple of weeks ago but have not been out since and haven't heard much lately. Ice was about 4" thick.
I have a 3 day weekend coming up and wouldn't mind a bit of a drive if I thought I could get into some good perch action.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Perch Reports?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Been catching quite a few perch, but nothing big.    Most in the 7 to 8" range, with a 9 incher once in a while.  Upper Twin and Cocolalla is where I have been.  About 6" of ice on each.   Cold snap starting today and looks to be hanging around for a while.  Should help with all the lakes...

Offline fishmonger535

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • was that the wind???
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2007, 08:40 AM »
ever fish pend oreille for perch?? i fished it in the summer by the marina at hope.. in the bay. caught lots of perch there.. some nice ones.. never tried in the winter.across from holiday shores marina.. wondering if anyone ever caught crappie or blugill on this lake..
catch em.. kiss em, and let em go.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:27 AM »
The Hope marina area has been open water up till now.  -15 this morning so that may change pretty soon.   I caught a few perch up to 13"  this summer in P.O. Lake near Denton Slough, but only  a few. 

Offline fishmonger535

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • was that the wind???
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2007, 10:24 AM »
cool. i am from canada.. alberta. we have like 2 feet of ice everywhere.. its about -30 degrees celsius here.  I come down to idaho in the summer. love that lake. pend oreille.. we dont have a lot of those species up here.. so i try for the kamloops.. bluegill. crappie.. bass.. still figurin the lake out though.. where to fish for them and such.. caught some kokanee.. (released them) and bass by the monarchs. and then caught a lot of perch by the holiday shores.. straight across from it.. nice ones.. id say 8- 12 inch. on average.. well hope u get more ice.. how is that round lake for perch. bass. crappie? might try that this summer two. coming for amonth.. love it there..

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2007, 08:36 AM »
I live north of Hayden and have a cabin SE of Clark Fork.  So I spend a lot of time fishing most of the lakes in between.  Never fished Round Lake tho.  I hope to spend more time fishing PO this summer........

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2007, 06:21 PM »
CuttemJack and I fished Ririe today.  Slow was the order of the day.  Iced a few midget perch and had a couple of schools of non-responsive kokanee swim through.  Pretty slow overall.  Wish we could find some biting fish nearby...

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2007, 10:13 PM »
Been doing good at Cascade Lake, getting a bunch in the 6-8" range then then typically four or five that are 12-13". Those have generally been bigger than the Coho's and the Bow's. Still never a dull moment. Good Luck

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:37 AM »
Fished Cocolalla yesterday.  Two of us got 70 in about 2 hours.  Mostly in the 8" bracket, with a 9 incher once in a while.   About 12" of ice.   

Offline CuttemJack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:59 PM »
Nice day on the ice Blueduck!! That many perch fillets would make my wife happy!! ;D

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2007, 11:23 AM »
So where is it actually worth going to catch perch to eat?  Every place Ive been the last few years they are all small.  I havent seen a decent perch lake in years. I really dont feel like fileting 50 8-9 inch perch just for a meal. I want to find some 12 inchers.  I have caught some out of Haden in the summer bass fishing but you cant get to those spots on the ice. What are the Perch like on Avondale? I have heard for years that thye are big but have never been out there.  What are they catching on coccalala? I drive past it every day and there have been guys out there but I never walk out to look for myself.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Went to Cocolalla yesterday.  Came home with 50  perch and 4 trout.  Perch were 8 inches, trout were 13 = 14 inches.   When you find the 12" perch, let me know.  If you only fish for perch that big around here, you won't fish very much......... 

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 27, 2007, 09:36 AM »
One of my fishing buddies usualy takes home the perch to eat. The ones I keep always end up on a tip up out on Hayden.  I havent seen any around here through the ice that are worth my time to clean and eat.  Although they are tasty i would have to agree with anyone on that.  We have caught big ones in the summer at silver over by medical lake. Hayden has some big ones some that you almost want to have mounted till you think of how much it would cost to have a perch mounted.  And my buddy caught some hogs out of deer lake north of spokaloo.  And I am talking about all over 12 inches. only problem with the big perch on hayden is you cant get to them on the ice. 

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2007, 09:11 AM »
Best perch of the year.....  Fished in Pend Orille lake yesterday, by the long bridge and the condos.  Brought home 45 nice perch.  They average 8 1/2 to 9" and the biggest was 12".   Caught 4 over 10 inches.  Best perch I have caught in quite a while.   

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:31 PM »
Hey I drive buy there every week day i have been seeing people out there. I ve been wondering how thik the ice was?  I took my little girl out yesterday to twin and we just went from unused hole to unused hole and caught a few. But yet pretty small. I through them in my bait bucket.  I might try running up to the chain lakes this weekend and see what the Pike fishing is like.  glad you found some eaters. Let me know how thik the ice was.  Was there many people out there.  threre mees to be the same 6 or 8 people out there every day since the ice firmed up.  How deep is the water there?   And did you go out on the new ice?

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:53 PM »
The ice is abouit 8" at the condos.  There were about 20 or so people fishing there on Sunday.   Most are fishing in 3 to 5 feet of water.  I didn't even reel them in. Just set the hook and hoist them up. 

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2007, 09:49 PM »
I hit the condos again today with a friend.  We took home 90 perch in the 8 to 9" bracket with a few going 10".   

Offline fishmonger535

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • was that the wind???
« Reply #17 on: Feb 10, 2007, 04:10 PM »
do u fish by those condos in the summer too?? i have only fished over by the holiday shores marina. caught lots of perch there... wondering if there is bigger ones over there.. or any of the bass.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 11, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Never have tried that area in the summer.  I plan to this summer tho. 

Offline fishmonger535

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • was that the wind???
« Reply #19 on: Feb 11, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Ya i am goin there in july for two weeks.. love that lake.. if i go straight across the bay from the marina on the other side thats where i was in the summer 15 feet.. lots of perch.. none stop went there anytime of the day and caught them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.