Author Topic: Frenchmans Bay- Pickering  (Read 12686 times)

Offline Ajaxfisherman92

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Frenchmans Bay- Pickering
« Reply #60 on: Mar 17, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Hey guys, ok so i went tonight and no one caught anything but i heard yesterday a couple of guys caught 5 at the park on the east side of the bay.

Offline bassassasin14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Mar 22, 2011, 01:04 PM »
Is there good shore fishing over by breezy drive on frenchmans?

Offline fishermccann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Mar 22, 2011, 02:04 PM »
No, there is not many places to shore fish from that side of the Bay, ( no access @  not deep enough ), you want to be on the east side.

Offline bassassasin14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Mar 22, 2011, 05:16 PM »
Okay thanks. How do i get to the side of the bay where i can fish from?

Offline the jigs up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Mar 22, 2011, 05:20 PM »
Go down Liverpool to the botton and look for the fishermen, they'll be there.

Also a small parkette just north of the new housing complex off Liverpool.
Born to fish...Forced to work...To pay for Fishing!!!

Offline jeremygreen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Dec 16, 2011, 07:18 PM »
  If you goto Google maps NOW,  and zoom in a bit.....
  You will notice by the frenchmans bay yacht club at the lower south west end ther are 2 boats just off the docks,  You will also notice more north there is another boat, these three almost make a nice triangle to where the  deeper spots of the bay are, and also where I have only ever caught pike.

MAP >>>>>http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=frenchmans+bay+pickering+ontario&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89d4debeb0258a07:0xa3540ab903ac560,Frenchman's+Bay&ei=ge3rTreOCoHw0gHgx4GkCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q8gEwAA  <<<<MAP

I have also seen a youtube video of a person catching a rainbow trout from frenchmans bay.

I Really hope this helps with your future endeavours out there

~Jeremy

Offline the jigs up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Dec 18, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Thanks for the link Jeremy!! Now can you wave your magic wand and make it freeze :'(

Last year this time it was frozen and lots of people out there. You are correct this is pretty much where most people fish for Pike. You can get Perch off to the west side just North of the Marina.

I did see a guy ice a beauty Rainbow last year.

Offline the jigs up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Dec 18, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Hey Jeremy I noticed you pitching a Tournament out on Frenchmans on another forum. Why don't you share the info here on the Shanty?

Offline jeremygreen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:48 AM »
Hey Jeremy I noticed you pitching a Tournament out on Frenchmans on another forum. Why don't you share the info here on the Shanty?

It Is a Great Thought.
 Believe me I have tried.

But unfortuantely it does not coincide with site sponsors, or the sites tournament posting rules????

The money would goto a Great cause helping to raise WILD fish Stock for lake ontario and the rivers that feed it and hopefully bring more rainbows and browns into the bay area in the near future.

There are other sites out there with this posting on it, and a simple google search "FEED THE FISH" frenchmans bay pickering ontario,
   Could lead you in the right direction but if you find yourself on another message board,  Just dont forget about this one....  ;)

I hope to see allot of people out there for that day of community fishing.  the more the marrier. plus Better prizes.
     (If Anyone is interested in prize Donations, Feel free to contact me, they will receive public recognition)

Aside from that, Im busy working the rivers for some Steelhead,  Hoping the Bay freezes over soon,  was on the bay trolling in the tin can saturday,
  Im sorry but its getting to damn cold for that,   caught a small pike about 3-4 pounds, and called it quits shortly after.....

~Jeremy

Offline jeremygreen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:58 AM »
   Here Is A link to google maps,

It shows where there is Free Public Parking.

People launch their boats from here and in the winter Walk out from this area, You can Click and drag the map to help with your location.

Public Parking is located on , "Beachpoint Promenade on the south west shore of the Bay.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=beachpoint+Promenade+pickering+ontario&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89d4dea4ba1ebfad:0x84236f3076c46611,Beachpoint+Promenade,+Pickering,+ON,+Canada&ei=jm3vTr6CFcnx0gGXo4ykCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q8gEwAA

Good Luck out there.

~Jeremy

Offline the jigs up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 04, 2012, 03:09 PM »
Went out to Frenchmans to check it out today. The ice is crystal clear and flat like glass. Looks like it is about 4-5 inches thick. Did not bring my Auger as I was out doing errands with the kids. There was no one out fishing but several guys out playing hockey. I spoke to one guy and he said guys have been fishing last couple of days. It was really cool being able to see through the ice and see the bottom (I only walked out to about 3 feet of water).

Tomorrow will be my first attempt of the season. I think I'm ready to go. Got a new sled and fishfinder this year so just gonna "practice" for the season. It would be nice to catch but just getting out and trying out my new gear will be good enough. I feel like a kid on Christmas! ;D

Offline the jigs up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 05, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Well make it out today from noon till 5 pm. No fish :'(. The conditions were perfect but it was very slow out there. Only seen 2 perch on ice, no Pike came out to play.

The ice was 3-4 inches of good solid black ice. No worries at this point. Lots of people fishing, skating and walking dogs.

The new sled and fishfinder worked beautiful. The fishfinder was unfortunately quiet. I never seen any fish on it at all but it seems to work great.

Very happy with this trip all new and old equipment worked.

Ready to go...Bring on the FISH @)

Offline jeremygreen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 07, 2012, 07:22 PM »
   It Was a Good Cold Spell,  and thank you for the The report.

Lets hope this warm weather passes soon, and we get that good freeze again

~Jeremy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.