The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Posting photos  (Read 1714 times)

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
Posting photos
« on: Dec 19, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Can't get it to work.  When I attach the image I get a message that says unable to upload.  I'll keep messing with it.                    Check                                            Error                                                          0.2 MB    recent fishing.eml      You can't upload files of this type.            Check                                            Error                                                 

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: Posting photos
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2019, 09:24 PM »
.eml isn't an image extension.
You need to upload the image file only, not the email that the picture is in.
Totally guessing here on what's going on but right click on the picture and save it to somewhere you can easily find it ( if it's in an email). It should have a .jpg file extension....

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2019, 10:02 AM »
Problem is, "I'm not computer savvy".  I took a photo of my recent day on the ice via my cell phone.  I then sent it to my email which I saved onto my desktop.  Every time I try to load it onto my post, it says "Fatal Error . . . this computer is about to explode . . lol.  Anyway, got to go to my grandsons Xmas program.  Will try again later.  Thanks

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2019, 10:46 AM »
-start a new topic. or for testing you could continue in this topic so you can master it.
-go to add photos below comment box/window and browse your cell phone for the image(s).
-follow any prompts from postimage.
-click preview and you should see your image.
this is the same for pc, but you don't have to go though as many steps to find your images.

log onto this site with your pc:
-another option is go to postimage.org and grab their windows app and install it. it should be in bottom right hand corner running with the clock ect.
-click on it after installing it.
-a small pop-up window appears.
-click on capture a window or region. if you choose region, draw a box around what you want it to capture using your mouse and holding down the left moue button.
-have the picture ready or opened so it can capture it.
-to upload, click the arrow that points up, wait for it to finish.
-click copy link and right click here where your posting your image into where you would type and paste the link for your image.
-select use "thumbnail for forums" option after uploading it.
-come back to this site and have the comment box open and right click and paste the link that was copied into you mouse/clipboard.
-click preview and you should see your image.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2019, 10:49 AM »
keep us posted Slick, we will get it to work for you!!
:)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2019, 10:52 AM »
Best idea is have the grandson do it for you!  ;D Posting the pic right from your cell phone would be easiest, all kids can do this and he can show you how for sure. It's sounds more complicated than it really is.

Problem is, "I'm not computer savvy".  I took a photo of my recent day on the ice via my cell phone.  I then sent it to my email which I saved onto my desktop.  Every time I try to load it onto my post, it says "Fatal Error . . . this computer is about to explode . . lol.  Anyway, got to go to my grandsons Xmas program.  Will try again later.  Thanks
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2019, 07:51 PM »
My grandson is 4 so let's forget that avenue.  I'm in my 70's and not a computer guy.  What I need is a "SIMPLE" way to load a photo from the document file on my computer to this site.  Forget using my cell phone because it's too complicated and circular for me.  I use my phone for making calls, not as a computer.  I'm looking for a method to post a photo from my computer to this site.  Thanks.   

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2019, 10:43 PM »
Forget using my cell phone because it's too complicated and circular for me.  I use my phone for making calls, not as a computer.   

Well your also using your phone as a camera....so your half way there.

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2019, 09:35 AM »
I keep trying without success.  Always getting "can't load images of this type".  I've read that images must be loaded onto storage sites first.  I tried that as well.  Keep getting the same message.   Like I said, I'm not a computer guy . . . or smart phone guy either.  I'm sure it's something simple but I've never been able to post a photo on this forum. 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2019, 09:49 AM »
I keep trying without success.  Always getting "can't load images of this type".  I've read that images must be loaded onto storage sites first.  I tried that as well.  Keep getting the same message.   Like I said, I'm not a computer guy . . . or smart phone guy either.  I'm sure it's something simple but I've never been able to post a photo on this forum.

What TYPE of image is it ? Is it a JPEG image ?

When you click on the Add image to post  link ..your gallery on your phone should open up ..select your photo ...on your computer should take you to file ..select picture or picture gallery ..believe the file must be a JPEG fil

This link may help

https://postimages.org/faq
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2019, 10:14 AM »
It's a jpg photo and I never use my cell phone other than for calls/texts & taking pics.  Am I supposed to download some type of app onto my computer in order to add an image?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2019, 10:23 AM »
May be its an update problem ...start there..update your computer ..not sure if java script is needed ..but make sure its enabled . Could try and Email postimage if no success.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2019, 12:15 PM »
he is trying to upload something that is not an image file and that is the problem. this forum knows the difference and told him he can not upload it.
"Allowed file types are: .jpg, .gif or .png"

he is attempting to upload this:
 recent fishing.eml

eml sounds like an email extension.

when you browse for the image file to upload using this forum, it has to be an image (a picture) and that is not an image at all, as was said earlier. when you find an image file, the site will allow you to upload it.

try and ask someone you know that lives near you for help so you can see it done or try your local library.

or if you want to email me the image(s) i can post them for you. simply PM me your email address.

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2019, 02:24 PM »
Trying again.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2019, 02:26 PM »
Nice bunch of fish!
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2019, 02:31 PM »
There you go!!!

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2019, 02:33 PM »
Took a recent solo trip to the Hi-Line and caught these in 7 hours.  45" of water with tiny tungsten jig & wax worms for the walleye.  2 were 26" and weighed 7#'s.  The eyes wouldn't touch a minnow or tip-up.

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2019, 03:27 PM »
Thanks for the help from all you guys.  I think I've got it figured out.  Made certain the image was in jpeg format and in my photo files, not on my desk top or document files.
Thanks again. 

Mizayikaa

« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2019, 04:12 PM »
Well worth the wait. Nice work.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2019, 08:47 PM »
glad you got it and nice bunch of fish! waiting for that tiny jig to go so deep while watching fish on sonar was a patience checker i bet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.