The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Stolen gear!  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Strippnthedream

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
Stolen gear!
« on: Dec 26, 2014, 04:56 PM »
ClamGuide
IceShanty Rookie

Tragedy--> All my ice gear from my house to my flasher all gone.
« on: Dec 21, 2014, 03:22 PM »
Ice Shanty Community.

I ask that you please keep an eye for a complete setup $1600 worth of gear stolen from my pickup in Kalispell Today Dec 21, 2014.

I know my gear and can describe many identifiable traits.

406-471-1348 

:(  I have been having a very successful early season.  My oldest boy who is 5 is a master cut throat fisherman.  Out fishing me for biggest this year so far.

Luv2strip

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Offline SnowedOutMT

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Stolen gear!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2014, 07:47 PM »
A couple of summers ago my father left his tackle box on the trunk of his car while he went down and fished in front of the pump house at Georgetown. He had enough lures on him to fish for a little while and didn't realize he left the box on his car. When he got back it was missing and he thought he left it by the water but it wasn't anywhere. He's guessing that someone just pulled up and snagged it. With lures, line, tackle, etc. that stuff adds up. I mean, not $1600 worth, but he's been sick about it since and had to start from scratch... I'm sorry your stuff got stolen. That's some a lot gear.

My advice is to check craigslist every day. Under the for sale section go to Sporting and search "Ice" Do that all over the state. Thieving criminals have a history of not being very bright. Good luck.
That fish that took my pole down the hole is having a much worse day than I am.

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2014, 12:44 AM »
How very, very sad.  Truly sorry for your loss.  Hope the best for you recovering you stuff.

Offline fishermanj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2014, 04:42 AM »
do you have any information?  ideas on vehicle? where it was stolen from?  anything?  Our valley is getting worse every year.  I would love to be part of finding these scum bags!!!

Offline St Croix17

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAG!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2014, 05:18 AM »
True that where abouts are you located? Truly is sad, us outdoorsmen are supposed to be a gang of brothers. I was on lake adirondack on 12-28-14 and had guys calling me and my buddy names as well as them threaten to steal my d ring clevis' off my old 4 runner. This was all because we jigged their holes after they picked up?!?!?

Offline travis.kling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2014, 05:29 AM »
I believe some folks just have nothing better to do or haven't figured out how to be an active member of society yet. Last year myself and a few other guys all left the ice on chaumont bay at the same time and upon getting to our trucks realized someone stole our atv ramps, probably 3-4 of us.. Luckily there was atleast one guy in the parking lot with his still so we were able to load up. I mean why wouldn't people steal your hard earned equipment. Of course we didn't have to work hard for what we have.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.