The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Great Times at the Perch Assault  (Read 704 times)

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Great Times at the Perch Assault
« on: Mar 10, 2012, 01:14 AM »
Just got done talking to a friend who recently joined IceShanty, was dissapointed to here what he had to say about what he has recently read on here(mostly negative). In particular we discussed the PA as it has become a topic of much discussion on here lately.  He commented on not wanting to be involved in something that has so much drama to go along with it. Was dissapointed to here this but not surprised. I know I'm as guilty as anyone to be involved in some of the topics that are showing negative feed back towards the tourny. But I also want to make it very clear to all who have never been in one that it is simply an awesome event. What Mike and Cindy do is 100% incredible. This event is one that alot of us look at and forward to as the highlight to our ice fishing season. You will not find a better group of people as a whole that share our passion than you will at the two dayer at LMR.  Its all about fishing then in the same sentence its not. You make great new friends and memories that you hang on to for years. I had what could have been they worst preformance on the ice that I may have ever had last weekend, ended up second to last all said and done. landed 9 fish between the two of us in two days. Embarrassing. But...  After 6 fish the first day and walking around with my head hanging pretty low every one was willing to try and help lift us up. I had guys telling me where to go, what to use, and anything else that could help. Including not only teams that had made the top 10 but two teams that made the top 5 all said and done. And I want to thankyou guys you know who you are and can't wait to hang with you guys again soon. Made out worse that day than the day before but still was happy I was there. I want to make the money bad, more yet one of those trophies. But thats not why I go. Its about freindship and a great time. I told Mike that I wasn't coming back next year because of some of the stuff that happened this year, but am really having trouble saying that I can stay away. It is just an awesome time and if you go once you will understand. Once again Thankyou Mike and everyone who works so hard to make this a great event. And to those of you that have not gone... GO
PS Mike I think next year you need to come to a dual at CF, Don't even need to involve money and maybe we can get a Helena boy or two to come  ;)

Offline dumpld1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The world is my Ice House
Re: Great Times at the Perch Assault
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2012, 08:41 AM »
Perch Assult can't be all that bad when there is trouble elsewhere, everyone says mirror the assult in everyway.  The winter has been long and unpredictable, this causes discontent in the masses.  Rember its fishing not catching. And a few bad apples can not stop the rest of the good apples from a very good sport and family activity.

Offline Ketchnrelease

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Couldn't agree more!  Can't wait until next year.  I've been giggling to myself all week over the fun we had, and the great people up there!

Offline curdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2012, 05:19 PM »
steelerod i need to apologies i know there is alot of great people and good times alot of what got said was way to much beer talking but next year would like to give it a try

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:34 PM »
Thanks guys.  Although I have to say, even with everything that went down, I have only read one or two posts that I would construe as negative...There have been many, many posts that have made me feel confident and motivated to continue to do what we started 7 years ago. I respect everyones opinion, afer all, everyone that pays an entry, really is a member of the Perch Assault.  But what organization EVER makes everyone happy?

I appreciate everyones understanding of what our intentions are, even though we don't always accomplish the perfect outcome.

Everyone that enters our events, in some way, has a competitive streak.  That means strong opinions, mine included.  I like to think that brings balance and life to our events.  AND adds to the quality of the Ice Shanty experience as well.

So thanks again to everyone and...
Fish On!!!

Mike
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline mt.perchman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • big perch hunter !
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:46 PM »
 HEY COUNT ME IN AT CF !!!! I WISH FOR NEW ICE ALLREADY!!! GOING TO BE A LONG SUMMER. :'(
Dreaming of a full bucket.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2012, 02:50 PM »
steelerod i need to apologies i know there is alot of great people and good times alot of what got said was way to much beer talking but next year would like to give it a try

Curdog,  I can help with the ''way too much beer talking'', beer sometimes acts like a ventriloquist, just give it to me next time and I'll teach that beer a lesson.   ;)2

I am a problem solver you know. :thumbsup:
wish you many hook-ups

Offline curdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2012, 09:31 PM »
Quantoson i bet my wife would buy if im not drinking them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.