The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Georgetown Lake  (Read 5523 times)

Offline .45-75WCF

• Team IceShanty Regular
Georgetown Lake
« on: Nov 22, 2010, 11:55 AM »
Anyone know what the conditions are on Georgetown?   Thinking about going over on Saturday.  Any info would be helpful.

Offline drrandypepper

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Georgetown Lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2010, 04:48 PM »
It iced over Friday (19th) it still looks soft in few spots.  I have been by it everyday since and have not seen anyone on it yet.  Was thinkin come sat I bet there will be few people on it.  I wont be one of them yet tho :)  Let us know if you make it on there.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:24 AM »
Just a friendly reminder please put your ice reports in the respective Lake specific forum...

Offline jiggin365

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2010, 12:16 PM »
Plannin on makin the trip to G-town next Saturday, Dec. 4th.  Had good luck last year with smaller jigs and grubs for rainbows but were only able to get a couple kokanee.  Used to jiggin raps and buckshot spoons for walleye and pike around Havre, MT.  Fired up about my new vexilar so i just gotta get out asap.  Any advice about g-town to load up on kokanee?

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't sweat the small fish!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2010, 04:31 AM »
Headed to Georgetown Tuesday to try out my new Marcum lx5. I'll keep you guys posted on how the fishing goes.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2010, 02:15 PM »
I have one.  You will LOVE it!
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline Liprippa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2010, 02:38 AM »
Headed to Georgetown Tuesday to try out my new Marcum lx5. I'll keep you guys posted on how the fishing goes.
You should probably take someone with you just in case you fall in.  I am sure you will have great luck with your new Lx5.  :P

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2010, 08:56 AM »
What did you think of the LX5

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2010, 03:05 PM »
I will have one too for fishing in December. Get your perch fishing rods tuned up .

So many fish, so little time.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2010, 03:55 PM »
Im glad to hear you liked it.  Another trick I found out which you probably know already is a little bit of water on the ice and the transducer can shoot right through and tell you the depth.  I keep a coke bottle with me when I move around to check depths as I move around.  I love the sensitivity of the LX5 most of all. 

Offline coldsmoke81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2010, 02:12 PM »
whats a lx5.and how much r they

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2010, 03:01 PM »
LX5 is the top of the line MarCum flasher, I've seen them as low as 420$ and as high as $500.

Offline coldsmoke81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2010, 06:56 PM »
Flasher? u mean like a finder or what?

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2010, 09:13 PM »
Yep.  It's a lot like a Vexilar.

Tinker

« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2010, 01:01 PM »
5-6 inches clear ice with 1-2 inches white ice on top at Dentons as of Sat the 4th.  Total ice was right about 7" maybe a little under.  Got lots of spawner salmon and 4 decent rainbows, nothing special.  Snowmobile tracks across the ice and a couple on it as well.  Didn't see any fisherman using 4-wheelers or snowmobiles as of yet.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 06, 2010, 07:17 PM »
hey tinker, what do you consider a lot of salmon?? i just got back and saw no salmon...caught one elderly 14 incher that i threw back...lots of rainbows...limited out easily....where are the kokes hiding in the early season???? they certainly weren't around me....5  inches of ice at piny...

oldschoolben

« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2010, 01:14 PM »
going to take my family up to georgetown would like to make it a 2 day event any ideas where a good place might be to stay the night?

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2010, 01:21 PM »
The Grizzly Den in Anaconda isn't a bad little place, fairly good sized rooms, fridges, microwaves and coffee pots, I stayed there last week.  It was my second time there, the staff has always treated me well.

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 07, 2010, 02:07 PM »
there is a place in between gtown and silver lake that is called something like the rusty bear or something...its named for its brown color and thats all i remember...it isn't much but it's a place right near the lake...anyone know what that place is called?

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 07, 2010, 02:13 PM »
man...wasn't even close...haha

oldschoolben

« Reply #20 on: Dec 07, 2010, 02:52 PM »
man dont ya hate when that happens lol

oldschoolben

« Reply #21 on: Dec 07, 2010, 03:09 PM »
thanks for info  on a places to stay ill check them out

Offline drrandypepper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 07, 2010, 03:37 PM »
I believe that the Brown Derby (or rusty bear lol) is not open at the moment. On the road to(or more like at the turn off) Discovery Basin Ski hill is 7 Gables. They have rooms and good food and cold beer!  Just another place at the lake if ya was lookin for someplace closer than town. 

Offline IllynPayne

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:53 PM »
I believe that the Brown Derby (or rusty bear lol) is not open at the moment. On the road to(or more like at the turn off) Discovery Basin Ski hill is 7 Gables. They have rooms and good food and cold beer!  Just another place at the lake if ya was lookin for someplace closer than town. 

Best fried chicken and buffalo chips around.  Great place to stop after a day on the ice or slopes or whatever.

Offline justintee15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 08, 2010, 09:29 PM »
i have heard that there are lake trout in silver lake near georgetown lake...is this true? and if so is it worth fishing for them?

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:54 PM »
i have heard that there are lake trout in silver lake near georgetown lake...is this true? and if so is it worth fishing for them?
Yes lakers are in silver but far and few between...Heard a lot about guys going out and being lucky to catch one if any

Offline IllynPayne

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 09, 2010, 04:52 AM »
Yes lakers are in silver but far and few between...Heard a lot about guys going out and being lucky to catch one if any
Lakers, Bull Trout and 'Bows, and all scarce.  Silver is deep and relatively empty.  If you fished all day and caught one fish, you'd have bragging rights.

Offline gregv17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 09, 2010, 10:11 AM »
Lakers, Bull Trout and 'Bows, and all scarce.  Silver is deep and relatively empty.  If you fished all day and caught one fish, you'd have bragging rights.

There are kokanee in there also but they live pretty deep. I used to fish it when I was younger (much younger) and did ok there. Nothing like what we could at G-town but it was a change of pace.

Tinker

« Reply #28 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:19 PM »
hey tinker, what do you consider a lot of salmon?? i just got back and saw no salmon...caught one elderly 14 incher that i threw back...lots of rainbows...limited out easily....where are the kokes hiding in the early season???? they certainly weren't around me....5  inches of ice at piny...
14 of them, seems as the spawners are a lot bigger then the non spawners.  I have never been able to get more than about 12 in one day so was a lot to me.  Usually limit on the bows though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.