New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Where Grass river meets st Lawrence river in massena NY  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Brianperch81

• IceShanty Rookie
I was wondering how the walleye fishing is

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
Re: Where Grass river meets st Lawrence river in massena NY
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2023, 06:36 PM »
I was wondering how the walleye fishing is

Go try it and let us know please
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2023, 07:35 PM »
The walleye fishing is always good in this area …. That section of river is highly contaminated though…
Budweiser pro staff

Offline tj_cubin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2023, 10:10 AM »
The walleye fishing is always good in this area …. That section of river is highly contaminated though…
They completed a major cleanup there last year of dredging, capping, and replanting. A friend of mine worked on the project dealing with the moving and replacing of mussels before and after the dredging.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't eat the walleye there, just saying that it should be getting better.

Offline ditchrunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2023, 10:38 AM »
If memory serves me right, I believe that the material used to cap the bottom was breached and sending toxins back into the river. But that could be incorrect information just what I heard

Offline hangemhigh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2023, 12:41 PM »
They completed a major cleanup there last year of dredging, capping, and replanting. A friend of mine worked on the project dealing with the moving and replacing of mussels before and after the dredging.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't eat the walleye there, just saying that it should be getting better.

I don't know about eating the fish either but if they just did that last year, and even if it was successful, any keeper walleye would have been around for a few years in the contaminated water .....so .....

Offline Brianperch81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2023, 01:22 PM »
I catch and release. I just want to have fun catching walleye.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.