New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: walleye challenge 2023  (Read 2523 times)

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
walleye challenge 2023
« on: Nov 02, 2022, 11:47 AM »
 I understand applications for 2023 walleye challenge are being sent out on 11/14. But their not sure where the event will be held (fish weighing stations, prizes, cash, and raffles etc.) will be awarded. Lanzi's is where it's be held for years. But it will be closed for renovations. So not sure where this will be held. If anyone has any info that would be great. Tight lines

Offline jeremywhorf

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: walleye challenge 2023
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2022, 10:41 PM »
https://www.fuelnfood.com/my-product/walleye-challenge/

They aren't very specific with details. 
I do not do much tournament fishing, but what is the best method to keep the fish alive to get them to the weigh station (wherever that may be).

Thanks
Let your life proceed by its own designs
Nothing to tell now
Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine

Offline Goose97

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2022, 05:17 AM »
We usually use a giant cooler full of lake water and a portable aerator, have had good luck bringing in pike and walleye to weigh ins and releasing them.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2022, 05:40 AM »
In today’s modern world of this stuff I’ll bet it’s a bump board tourney. Now I haven’t read anything on this so don’t jump down my throat if I’m wrong. But bump boards is how things went for the past few years and it’s a very easy way to keep the fish alive.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2022, 06:27 AM »
Been, they pay top, I believe, 6 or 7 fish each hour that are brought in and released. NO fish on the ice, if you are in the contest they have to be entered or released right away....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2022, 03:40 PM »
10-4
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2022, 04:48 PM »
In today’s modern world of this stuff I’ll bet it’s a bump board tourney. Now I haven’t read anything on this so don’t jump down my throat if I’m wrong. But bump boards is how things went for the past few years and it’s a very easy way to keep the fish alive.

Never heard of a "Bump Board Tourney". What is that?
   TY!

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2022, 04:55 PM »
I understand applications for 2023 walleye challenge are being sent out on 11/14. But their not sure where the event will be held (fish weighing stations, prizes, cash, and raffles etc.) will be awarded. Lanzi's is where it's be held for years. But it will be closed for renovations. So not sure where this will be held. If anyone has any info that would be great. Tight lines

The paper that came with my entry form said weigh in will be at the Sport Island Pub. I haven't heard that this has been changed.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2022, 05:41 PM »
  Never heard of a "Bump Board Tourney". What is that?
   TY!
A bump board is a “U” shaped board with measurements the length of it with a upright on one end to put a fishes nose against to measure.

And to do tourneys with them they were using pictures to verify placement based off length only.
I would rather have in person tournaments. So if this one awesome.

Have a great nite fellas tight lines
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2022, 08:25 PM »
A bump board is a “U” shaped board with measurements the length of it with a upright on one end to put a fishes nose against to measure.

And to do tourneys with them they were using pictures to verify placement based off length only.
I would rather have in person tournaments. So if this one awesome.

Have a great nite fellas tight lines

Thanks much.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2022, 08:27 PM »

I took in a fish, early in the history of this tourney. I remember it as a weigh in, not a measure of length.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2022, 09:35 AM »
I see in today's paper that the walleye challenge has been moved back to it's original venue at Lanzi's .  It was up in the air for a while as Lanzi's is undergoing some remodeling. The bar & restaurant will NOT be open. They decided to go back there because parking would be a nightmare at any other area location.  Good Luck everybody

Offline bbrown009

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 27, 2022, 07:14 AM »
https://www.44lakes.com/blog/

Best up to date info.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2023, 10:00 PM »
I just heard from a buddy of mine who lives on the lake and is friends with Lou, at Fuel & Food, who runs the Walleye Challenge, that Lanzies on the Lake is now done with renovations and the Challenge will be the site for weigh in and prizes, as usual.

Offline jeremywhorf

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2023, 05:38 PM »
Hello All,
Due to the cancelling of the tournament, we will be attending the giveaways on Saturday and looking to fish Sunday.  The preference would be to target Pike and Walleye on the main part of Sacandaga, however we will be staying in Northville (near RT.30).

1) is there any decent access near Northville for safe ice?
2) Any other recommendations for local bodies of water near Northville that would be safe to fish?

Thanks in advance,

I appreciate your help..

Let your life proceed by its own designs
Nothing to tell now
Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.