Author Topic: Help Purchasing Garmin Livescope/Panoptix  (Read 1138 times)

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Help Purchasing Garmin Livescope/Panoptix
« on: Jan 04, 2021, 03:14 PM »
Good afternoon everybody!

Was just wondering if you could please steer me in the right direction.  I currently use a Marcum LX5 as my lone electronic.  I fish a nearby lake and am pretty familiar with it. I’d like to venture to some unknown to me
lakes.

I’m interested in purchasing a Garmin Livescope/Panoptix bundle for ice fishing however I’m not sure what version or model to get?  Or is it possible piece together your own bundle? I’d like to buy once and have everything I need without having to upgrade the following year.  I understand there is always something new on the horizon coming out.  I’d like to buy once cry once lol.  I do not own a boat and money is a none issue.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Help Purchasing Garmin Livescope/Panoptix
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2021, 03:23 PM »
I bought the Panoptix 73cv with p22 ducer and reg ducer. Its not the Livescope version. Bought 3  years ago now as Ice kit and love it. It is heavy but thats about the only con. I like it because it has the regular ducer that is good for hole hoping and checking depth n such. the Panoptix boom is a bit to deal with when hole hoping but can be done. Now I bought it all in a kit but you can piece it out as well.
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:43 PM »
I know some people here don't like Facebook, but there is a group on there called "Garmin ice fishing" that has a lot of information on Livescope and Panoptix

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2021, 06:13 PM »
Badger had an excellent suggestion in checking out the Garmin Ice fishing site on Facebook, much information to be gained there.  Everyone has an opinion, I don't want to step on any toes, but with my experience running this setup starting the 3rd ice season, this is what I would suggest if you want to do it right: Piece it all together, or at least buy something other than the Garmin package, the advantage to this is that you end up with a much better battery and a better pole for the transducer than you get with Garmin.  Buy a Garmin 9" screen rather than a 7" (bigger is better), get the Livescope 132, not the Panoptix 22, buy at least an 18 amp lithium battery, or equivalent (lighter than stock and will last the day) and get the Summit tranducer pole (very convenient compared to the stock Garmin pole).  You can nitpick with the small details, but this will get you where you want to go.  It is a fantastic unit once you get it and figure it out, everyone calls it a game changer and yes it is.  Check in with more questions, as usual things are limited in Canada, but all of this is available if you know where to look.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.