Author Topic: Garmin EchoMap 73dv and ps-22. Doesn't auto detect view orientation.  (Read 1761 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have the EchoMap 73dv and PS-22 Panoptix transducer. But it doesn't auto detect when I flip the transducer from down to forward it forward to down view. I have it set to auto detect. But I have to change it manually... Which take like 4 button pressed to make the manual change. Any way to fix this? I'm also installed the latest software update for this unit.
jbird68

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have calibrated the compass. I don't think that is the issue. I also have the 73sv and if I remember correctly I didn't have an issue with the auto detection on this unit. Maybe I'll try using the sv instead next time.
jbird68

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Sorry not that familiar with Garmin high end technology ..they are pretty responsive to Emails .

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sorry not that familiar with Garmin high end technology ..they are pretty responsive to Emails .

Not a problem. I've watched almost every YouTube video on Panoptix. And I've done what they say to do. But for some reason the 73dv just won't work on auto detect. I had the ps-22 on my boat this fall. I have the 73dv at the bow and the 73sv at the console. I dunt think I had this issue with the 73sv. Like I said, I'll probably just switch units next time out and see if that is still the case. When do change the auto detection to on with the 73dv I notice the next time I go in to that menu it will be set to the last mode or was in (forward of down). It never starts on auto.
jbird68

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Not a problem. I've watched almost every YouTube video on Panoptix. And I've done what they say to do. But for some reason the 73dv just won't work on auto detect. I had the ps-22 on my boat this fall. I have the 73dv at the bow and the 73sv at the console. I dunt think I had this issue with the 73sv. Like I said, I'll probably just switch units next time out and see if that is still the case. When do change the auto detection to on with the 73dv I notice the next time I go in to that menu it will be set to the last mode or was in (forward of down). It never starts on auto.

Do you have the most recent update ?

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Do you have the most recent update ?

Agreed, do you have latest firmware for the DV? Should be able to se it in settings, then go to Garmin website to see what the latest version is.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I've checked the Garmin website. I do have the must recent updates installed. Took the sv out today and it also does not auto detect the transducer in position. I have to manually change the view from down to forward or vice versa.
jbird68

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Auto detect is working. I feel dumb. When I would change the setting to Auto I would get a message telling me I changed my setting and ask me to OK or CANCEL. I would hit select thinking I was selecting OK. I did this like a million times. But never changing the button to OK before hitting select. Default was set to CANCEL. Once I did that everything works great.
jbird68

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.