Author Topic: need electronics advice  (Read 910 times)

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
need electronics advice
« on: Dec 30, 2020, 11:25 AM »
  Here's a question for the electronics pros.   Is it possible to charge my fish finder battery (VEX FL 18) from my vehicle ?   was thinking of maybe from a USB connection or directly from the vehicle battery.  Don't wish to burn anything up and am not much of an electrition  Any advice would be appreciated       Thanx

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: need electronics advice
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2020, 11:35 AM »
  Thank you stick    I did not know that was available    can't get much easier can it ?

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2020, 11:36 AM »
Don't think it can, if you search for the fl-18 12v charger, you might even be able to find a better price. that was just the first one that came up when I searched.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2020, 11:45 AM »
will do  Thanks again

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2020, 11:50 AM »
Any time. That's what we are here for.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2020, 12:15 PM »
Think this might be what you need

https://www.bigcountrysportinggoods.com/vexilar-pcdca1-power-cord-for-fl-18-fl-8-flashers/?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse

This is more of a direct connection for an auxiliary plug to the back of the Vexilar ..There was a plug as you described ..but I will be darned if I can find it .. Quick and easy fix would be another SLA battery...$20 and at the ready ..cheap and easy enough to buy/maintain . put it in a $4 ammo case EZPZ so its not bouncing around ..not sure what case you have but a screwdriver is easy enough to bring.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.