Author Topic: Eagle Fish ID II help  (Read 2786 times)

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
Eagle Fish ID II help
« on: Mar 10, 2004, 10:57 PM »
Anyone use a portable Eagle Fish ID II? Would like to compare notes and figure out how to use it better.

Thanks,
-Reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Offline walleye1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Eagle Fish ID II help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2004, 03:02 PM »
Reelcharacter - I just saw your post and thats the graph that I have. I know it's a little late, since the ice is about gone, but if you still need an assist let me know. I have mine pretty well figured out.

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2004, 03:45 PM »
Walleye,

Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think I was the only person anywhere who had this fish locating - depth finding device. (I know they sold more than one of the units and I don't think it was that long ago that they were on the market, so all the units out there should not have worn out yet).  :)

I will use it on the open water some from my canoe this year, so your help and assistance will be very useful before this winter's hard water season. The greatest problem is likely with me. I do not get out often enough to really get up to speed with it's use. I saw a person on the ice who had one of the units identical to my unit. This was several years ago and I recall he turned off the ID feature and "read" or marked the fish as a dot or bar on the screen.

To start out with one question I have, when you start the unit, does it reset to a standard default setting each time, or does it start from wherever the settings were last set from the previous time's use? What settings do you usually begin with and do you start with the same settings each time under all fishing conditions or is there a reason to start it with different settings under different conditions? I will end it with these and look forward to your answers.

Thanks in advance,
-Reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

trapperdirk

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2004, 10:36 PM »
Looks like you may wait a bit for an answer Reelcharacter but in the meantime I can tell you what my Magna 11 does which is close I believe .
  Mine resets to default when I turn it on .
 I turn the fish I.D. off and crank up the sensitivity and speed up the chart .
   It then shows everything in little squares and I have no probs seeing a small jig .
  I do it so automatic that its hard to remember . LOL . When I get out later this week I'll see what my settings are but I think this is them .

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2004, 11:57 PM »
Trapperdirk,

Thanks for the reply! I have not looked on this site for a few days, almost forgot about it . . .

I think I end up with almost a line on the screen when I do what you suggested. Not as pretty as the fish shaped picture, but more effective.

Any other suggestions will be most appreciated. Looking forward to trying my hand with it on the open water soon.

-Reelcharacter

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2004, 12:02 PM »
Sorry I didn't see this sooner! I can help you with this for sure this upcoming season. Well have to meet up with Otis and we can all play with our toys together!

I had the exact same unit before I bought my vex. Your line is exactly what you want to see. Set the sensitivity so your jig shows as the thinest line you can. If you do this as a fish comes in you should see a second line converge on your jig line. I also found while jigging very close to the bottom sometimes you will think as your line comes off the bottom it looks bigger. If it appears to be bigger it most likely is a fish following your jig. As for the default. Its been a few years but I think you set your defaults and they stay set. I am not sure.  As I said, we will meet up this year and it shouldn't take me long to remember how to use it.

George

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2004, 09:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply Bussman!

Between your info and what Otis sent me, even I may be able to 'figger out that dang contraption yet . . .

I know we have been out on some of the same water. Think we were on Moraine the same day last season, if memory serves me correctly, from "chats" I've had with Chenbasshead. Would  like to get our locators out on the ice sometime together. I think this would jump start my learning curve a whole bunch.

I've been enjoying this warm weather way too much to wish the cold upon us, but when it comes I will be looking forward to walking on water again. Hope to get together with you then . . .

-Reelcharacter

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Heres what I do, I have an Eagle and they are all much the same:
turn on the power, turn of the light- uses less power,
go in to the menu, turn off the fish id,
go in to zoom and select 4x and split screen
set the sensitivity as Bussman said and you are ready to go.
It gets to be second nature after a while.
You have to do it every time you shut the unit off.
Hope this helps, also check out this site for help:
http://www.eaglegps.com/Support/Tutorials/Sonar/default.htm

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2004, 09:54 PM »
TJC,

Thanks for the Eagle tutorial site, I had not seen it before, in spite of trying several different word searches on the topic. One worth bookmarking!

-Reelcharacter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.