Author Topic: Info on Humminbird 343c  (Read 3228 times)

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Info on Humminbird 343c
« on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:10 AM »
 Any of you guys have a  Humminbird 343c Portable?  Looking for any info on them.  I am wanting to purchase one maybe ,for open water and icefishing. I asked on another thread but I figured better start another one on the subject. Likes or dislikes?  Easy to use?  Does it have interference problems with other flashers close by? I have two Vex's.  Any delay with the readings in the cold?  Easily readable in the sun?  Is it a good idea to have both transducers, one for ice and one for open water?  Can you pick out the thermacline with it?  Does realtime sonar work well?  I know a lot of questions.  But would like some info from guys that use them, before buying.   Thanks for any info in advance.   icecube

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Info on Humminbird 343c
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2008, 07:07 AM »
  Nothing on these? Anyone? ???

Offline rover1.5dx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2008, 10:00 PM »
I seriously considered getting one of these.  On paper the stats are great in comparison to the Lowrance X67C.  I know a guy on a local board used one last year and loved it...until he lost it off of his ATV! 

I passed on it for two reasons: 1) ice transducer is an extra $80 and 2) battery draw is considerable in comparison to the X67 (I canoe in remote places).

I think you'll be happy with it.  Surprised no one else has chimed in here.  I guess you're either a flasher or Lowrance IceMachine person...

Rover

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2008, 08:23 PM »
ya, i got one for Christmas and I guess Im the only one that has one. I posted on other areas that the ice ducer ($80) is on back order, so I have to use the transom mount. Problem is Im trying to figure out how to set the transducerducer. Im thinking straight down, instead of sideways. Why sideways when fishihng down?

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2008, 03:57 AM »
  Thanks for some of the info guys.  How bad is the battery draw on these? I will be taking this on vacation in Quebec. Need to know how long a battery will last on these. Will a battery last all day running this?  I'm talking 8 to 10 hours.  I have two Vexilars so probably will just take a battery from one of those for back up.

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2008, 04:20 AM »
 Shaver, I would think your transom mount transducer would be turned to the bottom of your post on your rig. On my open water fishfinder the transducer signal would be coming out the left side of your transducer,the way you have it mounted now. I don't know for sure but that would be my guess.

Offline eh

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cheers Mike
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2009, 12:19 PM »
with the transducer you have there you will need to change it around the cable will be facing up out of the water that is the TOP and the bottom needs to be flat in the water.

depending on the size of the battery you might get a whole weekend out of one charge but a good rule of thumb is 10 hours of use = 10 hours of charging time better yet get a charger that will shut down when its fully charged
Cheers Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.