Author Topic: Aqua Vu Ice Pro  (Read 4129 times)

Wables

Aqua Vu Ice Pro
« on: Sep 23, 2003, 10:04 PM »
Have any of you seen the Aqua Vu Ice Pro?  I was looking at it on their web site.  When will it be available?  How much $$$?  What do you guys think about viewing vertically instead of horizontally?

Is there a Michigan Chapter of Goatboys yet?

Wables

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re:Aqua Vu Ice Pro
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2003, 11:39 PM »
I like vertically cause  I can see more area around my hook. Have not heard of the Pro but I do like to switch my Aqua-vu to the view down mode. Kind of reminds me when I was a kid laying on the ice looking down the hole for hours.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2003, 07:08 AM »
as far as I know, there are no goatboys in michigan.
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Exudedude

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2003, 08:26 AM »
The down view is nice.. Not sure I want it to always be a down view...  I use my aqua-vu on the down mode quite a bit.. but like I said, not all the time.  The new ICE PRO, looks very nice and compact but has a larger screen.  THe press release says it will be around $270...

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2003, 12:12 PM »
Hi gang !
     Was using the vex 8 last year.  Borrowed it from a friend . Ended up packing it away and using the drill and find method.  I really didnt know how to use it. I think? How do u use it and what other finders are good for cold weather.  I know most digital screens wont read below 15 degrees!
  Thanks Da_Roc

Exudedude

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2003, 08:11 AM »
Da roc,

You can use the drill to find method, but having an FL-8 will tell you if there are fish there or not.. Hands down a FL-8 will help you find and catch more fish... There is a Marcum unit also that works well on the ice.  But I believe the Vex is still best.

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2003, 06:07 PM »
I wont fish without mine. once you learn to interpet the signals, it's like playing a video game. If you're fishing a brushpile, you can see the limbs coming up from the bottom. You'll see you bait on it's way down and you can stop it just before you hit the limbs. jiggle your bait and you can see the fish rise out of the limbs and take your bait. or you can let your bait down into the limbs and still see the take. just learn how to watch the color changes and you'll love it. Man , am i fired up now ;D. COME ON ICE  :D ;D 8)

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2003, 03:44 PM »
Da roc,

You can use the drill to find method, but having an FL-8 will tell you if there are fish there or not.. Hands down a FL-8 will help you find and catch more fish... There is a Marcum unit also that works well on the ice.  But I believe the Vex is still best.
  Thanks for the input it is a big help!
  Da_Roc

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2003, 03:52 PM »
I wont fish without mine. once you learn to interpet the signals, it's like playing a video game. If you're fishing a brushpile, you can see the limbs coming up from the bottom. You'll see you bait on it's way down and you can stop it just before you hit the limbs. jiggle your bait and you can see the fish rise out of the limbs and take your bait. or you can let your bait down into the limbs and still see the take. just learn how to watch the color changes and you'll love it. Man , am i fired up now ;D. COME ON ICE  :D ;D 8)
Chumster
  Is the Fl-8 the newest verson??? I cant seem to find there web site or anyone who is selling it in my area.  I live in Porter county in  northwestern indiana?  

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
« Reply #10 on: Sep 30, 2003, 09:38 PM »
Here is Vex's website... http://www.vexilar.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.