Author Topic: Zoom mode on Marcum Lx3tc  (Read 1350 times)

Offline ovidiu30

• IceShanty Rookie
Zoom mode on Marcum Lx3tc
« on: Feb 07, 2013, 11:27 PM »
Hello gentlemen,

I have a quick question about my lx3 that I had just bought about a month ago. I am just getting used to using a flasher and I am not quite sure how to use the zoom option. I have watched a couple videos on youtube but they do not quite hit it on the spot.

So first thing first, around what depth should I turn the zoom function on? Would you guys say that anything between 15ft+ would be reasonable?

Also, when I press the "zoom" button, 2 lines appear on the right side and I can move them up and down with space in between them. How does that exactly work?

I am a bit confused, I took it out twice with me and I have been able to maneuver it in shallow water up to 7ft, but I fished in 50ft on Green Bay and I did not even pick up my big spoon that I was using for whitefish. I also wasn't using the zoom feature.

I would appreciate any type of feedback! Thank you.

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Zoom mode on Marcum Lx3tc
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2013, 06:48 AM »
The to bars you see when you press the zoom button is your zoom window. You can move that anywhere in the water column you want. The right side your your screen is the side in zoom and the left side will be the whole water column. There are 2 zoom modes, a 5' window and i think a 10' window. I fish green bay to and sometimes the current is real strong and can take your jig out of your cone angle. There have been times where i had to drill another hole downstream from the current for my flasher to pick up my jig. Tight lines.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2013, 11:15 AM »
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2013, 11:16 AM »
When your in zoom mode the screen splits the Right side is the entire water column and the Left side is the 5 foot Zoom. when in zoom mode you can move the zoom up and down to be in zoom where the fish are. if you are in 30 feet of water and the fish are in 17 feet you can move your zoom to the fish in 17 feet of water. if they are on the bottom you can move your zoom window to the bottom.
Don't try to change me, my wife said that's her job.

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2013, 01:45 PM »
When your in zoom mode the screen splits the Right side is the entire water column and the Left side is the 5 foot Zoom. when in zoom mode you can move the zoom up and down to be in zoom where the fish are. if you are in 30 feet of water and the fish are in 17 feet you can move your zoom to the fish in 17 feet of water. if they are on the bottom you can move your zoom window to the bottom.
Correct, I said it backwards.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.