Author Topic: fishtv7 camera question  (Read 2102 times)

Offline little fish

• IceShanty Rookie
fishtv7 camera question
« on: Feb 22, 2011, 12:14 PM »
Hi,
 Where I fish there is a slight under water current and the camera wanders very slowly from side to side like the pendulum of a clock. Need advise on how to stop the camera moving so that it will stay still. I though of some kind of under water tripod that would hold the camera steady on the botton of the Lake.
 many thx.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: fishtv7 camera question
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2011, 01:06 PM »
I made a stand for mine,I used a piece of stainless steel from a large check valve I had laying around,its round and fits in my 8" hole I have a short piece of pipe welded on that has a piece of pvc pipe that the camera attaches to,I made it so I could adjust the angle of the camera up or down.I used to have problems keeping the camera where I wanted it to be,this eliminated that problem.

Offline oldfisher68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2011, 05:06 PM »
I have a current where I fish also. I made legs for my camera out of wire coat hangers. I twisted the wire around the weight and made legs, that look like spider legs.

Offline little fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2011, 03:33 PM »
Hi Guys,
             Many thanks.
 Old Fisher68 how long did you make the legs and do you have any problem turning the camera. I imagine you just lift the camera off the bottom and rotate it to where you want to view.

Offline oldfisher68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:21 PM »
The legs lift the camera about three inches off the bottom. I twisted the wire on to the weight and then had the legs come out horizontal about two inches and then bent down. If you remember the old Cootie game, it looks a lot like those legs. The weight on my camera has grooves. I put the legs in the grooves and allowed them to swing freely, so if the bottom is uneven, they can move. I use a camera compass to hold the cable. It is a disk, that looks like a Frisbee, with a slot and hooks to hold the cord. I tighten the cable just enough to hold the camera upright. I messed with it in the living room, until I got the right height. I usually have the camera three feet from the fishing hole.
I hope this helps

Offline little fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2011, 01:09 PM »
Hi old fisher 68,
                       I did the unthinkable........... .cracked the lens cap on my fishtv7 this morning. Called the factory and there is no parts and  will have to buy a new camera? That's OK if you are still working, but I am on social security and do not have the money! going to repair the cap myself.

Sorry I do not see how you get the legs to move freely if the wire was twisted onto the weight.

Offline oldfisher68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2011, 07:14 AM »
Hi old fisher 68,
                       I did the unthinkable........... .cracked the lens cap on my fishtv7 this morning. Called the factory and there is no parts and  will have to buy a new camera? That's OK if you are still working, but I am on social security and do not have the money! going to repair the cap myself.

Sorry I do not see how you get the legs to move freely if the wire was twisted onto the weight.

Sorry to hear about your lens cap. I'm now 70 and on a fixed income myself. I have a Cabela's camera and the weight has grooves. I tightened the wire in the groove and then backed off slightly, until the legs can move.
Good luck on the lens cap repair

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.