Author Topic: Showdown vs. flashers Vex,Marcum,and Humminbrid which is the best?  (Read 1740 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
 What is the advantages of each of these units. I like the six color on the Humminbrid,but I also like the way you can read the Showdown in a vertical line. Your veiws will be helpful before I go spend $300-$500.
 Thanks
  Matt

Offline pocono

• Team IceShanty Addict
This isue has been kicked around a lot, you will check all the talk and come away not sure what is best.  Like you said the showdown gives you the virtical window that you are fishing.  You don't need colors to detect your bait and fish.

Offline FishingNy03

• Team IceShanty Regular
i have the showdown, i got it at the begining of the yr, like early december, and i love it, i wouldnt think about using a diffrent one after seeing the vertical readout

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
My Marcum LX-5 shows me everything i need to see..My fishing buddies are always saying **censored** is wrong with my fish finder when i turn mine on near em.. I just hit the IR button on mine and have yet to have another finder interfere with mine.. I have heard good reviews about the showdown tho..

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Offline SpartyOn

• IceShanty Rookie
If you like to see the vertical water column and the colors look into a Lowrance X67C.... Not only do you have the option to see a vertical water column the colors allow you to tell when a fish is getting close to your jig and the size of the fish.  If you want to use a flasher you also have that option with the unit.. Its all around the best one out there and cheaper than almost all other flashers.  Just my 2 cents but I would say its definitely worth a look. I got one thsi year and it took me about 2 hours to get really good with it.  there are some videos on youtube on how to set it up and then once ur on the ice theres a very short learning curve.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  For me, the ICE 55, x67c, and the Showdown are the ones I find most interesting since they all offer something different than just the run-of-the-mill flasher.

Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.