The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: elk shed hunt  (Read 1559 times)

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
elk shed hunt
« on: Feb 18, 2020, 09:44 PM »
How crazy does the elk shed season get down there?  I have only seen what online etc.  Such beauty country
Just wanted to hear a report from a local  I was in jh years an years ago   amazing area   

I prob wont get back on this page so if possible can you pm me?

best ,
canada

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: elk shed hunt
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2020, 11:16 AM »
Well depends on the area that you are at since some open on certain days the beginning of the season is crazy and then tappers off bit it has got pretty popular so busy in a bunch of places. I wish the game and fish would just allow shed hunting in general to stop December 31 and not start again until May 15th so that the animals get a break and are not harassed all year long in areas see guys with dogs looking for whitetail sheds in January chasing deer around in the cold and guys out chasing elk in March trying to be the first to get the shed that falls off the elk as they chase them across the prairie sad to see so much disrespect on our wildlife these days. I know there are hunting going on until the end of January in some areas but the hunters are not just going in and chasing the game to find some bone they are looking for meat in the freezer. Just my .02 cents on this subject.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.