Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Darkhouse Spearing

Pics of your catches

<< < (4/58) > >>

darkhousefisher:

--- Quote from: 53andout on Jan 31, 2009, 11:36 AM ---Looks like the spear is leathal enough, how many do ya need? :cookoo:

--- End quote ---

Guess you've never dozed off and woke up just as a pike was nailing your decoy and taking off like a bullet, never to be seen again, lol.

53andout:

--- Quote from: darkhousefisher on Jan 31, 2009, 04:20 PM ---Guess you've never dozed off and woke up just as a pike was nailing your decoy and taking off like a bullet, never to be seen again, lol.

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure I have as many hours looking thru the ice as anyone here. My point is, 12 fish in one outing, I just don't think you need to augment the decoy with hooks to snag a few more. You're in target rich water where a spear alone will get you more fish than you could ever need.

darkhousefisher:

--- Quote from: 53andout on Jan 31, 2009, 07:14 PM --- 
I'm pretty sure I have as many hours looking thru the ice as anyone here. My point is, 12 fish in one outing, I just don't think you need to augment the decoy with hooks to snag a few more. You're in target rich water where a spear alone will get you more fish than you could ever need.

--- End quote ---

Here in South Central Alaska pike are not native and were introduced illegally.  Alaska Fish and Game wants them eradicated from all the lakes before they wipe out the native fish, mostly salmon, polulations.  So here we consider a dozen pike just a "good start".
Here's a link that talks about the problem pike:
http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/Statewide/InvasiveSpecies/index.cfm/FA/pike.about

Higgins:

--- Quote from: 53andout on Jan 31, 2009, 07:14 PM --- 
I'm pretty sure I have as many hours looking thru the ice as anyone here. My point is, 12 fish in one outing, I just don't think you need to augment the decoy with hooks to snag a few more.

--- End quote ---

How would that be snagging  :-\  If the fish hits the decoy then it's pretty much just like fishing with a hook and line  ;)2 It makes more sense to have hooks than not have hooks but it is true that most decoys don't have hooks but that's only because the line is normally not connected to a fishing pole but in this case the decoy is on a fishing pole line so WHY NOT  ???

rezeye:
I vote for hooks on the decoy :woot: :woot:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version