Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > General Tips

knot alternative

(1/1)

kevin.303:
 :'(instead of trying to tie a knot with frozen fingers i use an item that you use when making your own leaders. it's a little piece of tube that you thread your line through and then sqeeze flat with pliers you use the cutting edge on the pliersto crimp but be careful not to cut thru it. i started doing this last summer and they have held up the force a 10lb pike can exert with out showing signs of stress

Flash_King:
Kevin - Appreciate your suggestion BUT what happens when I latch onto a fish of a lifetime 30+Pike or 25+ laketrout.I'm going to stick with my tried and true knots and if the knot slips or breaks I have myself to blame.

kevin.303:
i usually do this on lakes that are stocked with rainbows and where the majority of fish are small. i'm going to test just how much strain these will hold up to.

asphalt_kid:
Keep us posted on how they do Kevin

kevin.303:
tested it by looping 25lb trilene thru the handles on a couple of toolboxs. together they were about 30 lb's. it held until i started bouncing it up and down the it eventually gave out.i don't think that this should be used if your after really big fish but it is suitable for panfish and small to medium sized species.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version