Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Dressing for ice fishing

Bibs and Parka

(1/2) > >>

druthrbfishn:
I have a nearly new Carhart Artic coat and bibs but think the floatation feature might be nice. Would either the floatation  bibs or coat alone keep someone afloat? Someone mentioned a life jacket but that would be bulky. Any other ideas?

hardwater diehard:
Bibs first ...as you will always wear the bibs ...most folks just wear a good hoodie for the top outer layer most days ...the parka get use on windy/brutal days .

hard to beat this ..100g insulation ...but if you tend to get cold or fish in a really cold area going to 150g of insulation is a good idea

https://icerunnerhouses.com/float-suit/

druthrbfishn:
That looks like a great price on this clothing. Is there a test or industry standard to verify the buoyancy of this type of clothing?

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: druthrbfishn on Dec 11, 2022, 10:18 AM ---That looks like a great price on this clothing. Is there a test or industry standard to verify the buoyancy of this type of clothing?

--- End quote ---

Not that I am aware of ..YouTube has a lot of product and user videos on most of the makes and model ..sizing seems to be pretty standard for all manufacturers  ...if you can find a retailer local that the best way to know your size/fit ...on line is the best place to buy for a deal the most part .

Dave R:
X2 on getting bibs first. Mine are Rise by Clam. I have no complaints.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version