Author Topic: Plowed roads?  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
Plowed roads?
« on: Feb 09, 2009, 12:11 AM »
Does anybody know how far the road to Narrow lake is plowed?

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Plowed roads?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2009, 01:00 AM »
Not sure about there but I would expect it not plowed even close as has not been in last few years.
Seems like alot of roads that were normally plowed last year are not this year.....except the really main ones. When I went for my moose draw in early Dec I had to snowmobile 35 kms just to get back to my area as road not plowed. Had always been plowed previously but due to forestry cut backs it wasn't. PM Kozfish. He said something about his uncle having a trapline down that way ;)

What I do is get on the phone around 8:30am when lots of gov't workers still in office. Call PG Forestry and ask for info on roads in PG area. The secretary will put you thru to someone in the know and ask away. If they don't know will usually direct you to someone who does.

Offline FirstCast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2009, 11:11 AM »
That was good advice TGF. We spent an hour and a half going to this lake only to find that the road had not been plowed for the last 25 km so it was back to the fav stand by lake to get at least a couple of hours of fishing. Next time I will pack a sled. Tight lines.

Offline ram3432

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2009, 12:34 PM »
I don't know about the roads to Narrow but I know some buddies that went to Stony on the weekend and made out pretty good. That is going from Quesnel though. Anyhow if you go good luck.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2009, 04:41 PM »
That was good advice TGF. We spent an hour and a half going to this lake only to find that the road had not been plowed for the last 25 km so it was back to the fav stand by lake to get at least a couple of hours of fishing. Next time I will pack a sled. Tight lines.

I just call the "Inquiry BC" line (1 800 663-7867) and ask to speak with the forestry office closest to the road you intend to travel. Then you know what your up against.

Offline Kozfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just a second...I'll get the Calmer Downer
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Narrow road is not plowed...its sledding from the willow ie. 35+ kms one way.   

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2009, 12:10 AM »
I just call the "Inquiry BC" line (1 800 663-7867) and ask to speak with the forestry office closest to the road you intend to travel. Then you know what your up against.
Thanks TGF. I'll call them tomorrow to get the scoop. ;)
Another question about a monster trophy laker lake? Has anyone ever fished Tsacha Lake south of Knewstubb Lake?
 :tipup: :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.