Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1617589 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17730 on: Nov 26, 2019, 08:48 AM »
Morning all,

TT....when my son grew up and left home I was amazed at how much I missed watching him play sports  :(  it's always a good time now watching the grandkids play when we visit  :thumbsup:  at least you have meat in your freezer  ;)

MrC.....yes the candy store is still going strong  :flex:  managed to walk by it quite a few times w/o going in  :nono:  did do some drooling in the window tho :woot: 

IFF....glad you have the day off and don't have to be on the road in the storm  :clap:  easy does it on the driveway/walk clearing  ;)

IF45.....how's Mrs45 doing  ???  fingers crossed the hospital doc was able to get her sugar lowered and stabilized   ;)

H2L.....sorry you dropped from 1st place in your bowling league  :-\   lots of time to get back up there tho  ;)2   good luck in the woods, hope you get to see something in the crosshairs  ;D

IW.....good luck to you also on watch  :)   seems all the deer around here have gone strictly nocturnal, not even a doe or fawn wandering in daylight  :blink:  hope MrsIW is doing well with her recovery  :)

WS.....that's nice MrsWS will have an extra long weekend at home  :thumbsup: :clap:  nothing like a snow event outside when you have nowhere to go except in front of a cozy fire  :thumbsup:

CapJ.....good to hear you're winding down on the AC job and that the work load will be easing up a bit  :clap: 

OG.....congrats on the run of good luck   :bow:   maybe you should be buying some lottery tickets  ??? :roflmao:

Eddie.....enjoy the little "vacation" while the boss is away   ;)2  mid 50s and sunny here today rain/wind tomorrow, any ice will be long gone  ::)  still woods season  ;D

LilM.....congrats on finishing high school  :thumbsup:  what's next for you  ??? (besides fishing  :roflmao: )

Perfect weather to get Christmas lights on the house today and anything else that involves being outside  @) 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Morning IF45.....sorry to hear Mrs45 is still having problems >:(  hope they can get her home soon

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17731 on: Nov 26, 2019, 10:29 AM »
Good day in the mid forties heading to a high of near sixty. Weather guessers say rain will be back tomorrow and Thanksgiving day will be windy. Macy's parade may not be able to fly the balloons.
Capt.Jim good to hear the AC job is ending and only have two others on your schedule to finish. May you have a brief rest before your schedule gets hectic once again. All the best with the van.
IFF may the revised weather forecast be correct be careful if you have to go to work and with any other travel. Take your time with the snow clean up.
Old Goat may you luck continue to be good. How much space does your ever growing fishing gear collection occupy in your home.  I assume your daughter came home with you for Thanksgiving unless she has college classes on Monday and it is a long drive to where she attends school.
Lil Maggot welcome back congratulations on graduating high school . All the best to you with any higher education you may be pursuing. Ditto other's comments about getting your friend to join us here on Ice Shanty. It appears only the PA. Reports& Conditions forum/board is locked other states are fine. Someone started a topic/thread about this do not know if they got a reply as to why it is locked. I would send one of The Mods. for PA. forum a PM and ask why it is locked.
Eddie while not the best for getting and early start to ice fishing at least the warmer temperature will melt recent snow from your drive way. I hated when I lived in the house and snow was so heavy even the snow blower struggled to clear it from the driveway. May the scaffolding arrive and your crew get it set up before completing this work week.
Hunts2long it seems this year a few hunters/hunting parties have had good days where  deer were harvested and others are seeing little or no activity in the woods. May things change for you before the season ends this year.
Whopper Stopper may the grocery store not be to crazy between folks getting Thanksgiving Meal supplies and and stocking up to get through the coming storm and days after it passes. Glad your wife took off and does not have to be out in the weather wanting for the bus and then make the walk to her work place or have to make the drive to the "Jungle". May Visa be able to settle with the shack builder with you losing any money.
Ice Wanderer at least you know there are deer in your hunting area. May you get a shot at one today. Hope all continues to ge well with the wife's post surgery recovery.
Tom Turkey sorry to read you did not harvest a deer this year. Enjoy the one gifted to you by your friend. May the weather not be to bad on Thanksgiving so everyone can make it and enjoy time at the pavillion.
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear your wife is still in the hospital. Is she at the same hospital where she is employed maybe you can talk with one of the primary care doctors affiliated with her hospital about taking her on as a patient so she can get started on insulin and other care she needs to keep blood sugar level under control. May she be able to come home soon.
Wallyworld good for you it can be a struggle not to enter a candy store.  I was surprised at how little spectator seating there is at the one ice rink it must have been a hassle to get tickets during the 1980 Olympics. May all go well with the Christmas lights.

Have a good and safe day. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17732 on: Nov 26, 2019, 12:43 PM »
Jeff, what I really need to consider is a lot more exercising.....both ends and middle too  ;D  Taking a break and de-iceing the blower.  Still a ways to go, and its still snowing.  17" so far, expecting it to start drifting this afternoon.
Bud

Offline trophytaker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17733 on: Nov 26, 2019, 01:01 PM »
Waiting on ice here.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17734 on: Nov 26, 2019, 06:44 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, My wife is still in the hospital. They finally got the sugar down to 200. Hoping she’ll be able to come home tomorrow if it stays that low. She’ll still be coming home on two types of insulin and a oral med.

Mr Clean, Hope they are able to fly the floats. That’s what makes the parade. My wife is in the local hospital. She found a pcp who will take her. She has a appointment next Wednesday.

IFF, Hope your taking it slow with the snow removal.

WallyWorld, It was a beautiful day out. Definitely a good day to put Christmas lights up.

I hope everyone had a good day and have a good night. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17735 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day/ Thanksgiving Eve!
  30* and calm at the moment, high of 48 today with rain moving in this afternoon.

I-45... glad the numbers are down with your wife, hope she is released today. Best wishes, thoughts and prayers continued for her!   :thumbsup:
  Trophytaker...Welcome to the 9:45, we’re all pretty anxious to get out there soon!   :icefish:
  Bud... that’s a lot of snow, wow! Will be looking forward to your next reply, hopefully it’s stopped coming down.  :thumbsup:
  Steve...the winds might be an issue with the balloons tomorrow, they’re supposed to be pretty strong here, gusts of 40...but I’m 150 miles away. Safe travels if you’re heading to your sisters for Thanksgiving!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...way to take advantage of the nice weather! Will your son and family be making the trip tomorrow?

Lost connection halfway through first post, so this is about all I can get in at the moment...will catch up to you all this afternoon.
  Safe travels to anyone on the road today....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17736 on: Nov 27, 2019, 04:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Trouble sleeping without the wife here. Hopefully she comes home today. She’s not getting much rest. Wake her up every hr and a half for vitals.

Mason Eddie, Hope you have a 1/2 day today and don’t get stuck in to much traffic.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. I hope everyone has a safe trip to family and friends houses and you don’t hit much traffic. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17737 on: Nov 27, 2019, 04:12 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 37* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         Eddie...…...Lost post seem to be a common occurrence lately, What gives.? ???
                         Wally/Steve.....My wife is recovering just fine, thank you for asking. Yesterday she got a call from the surgeon and he had taken a
                 sample of her lymph node to see if the cancer had infected it and the results was negative, my wife is so elated over this. It has been on
                 he mind since the surgery. :clap: :thumbsup:
                         I-45..........I'm glad the hospital got you wife's numbers down, the high numbers she had was at dangerous levels. I hope she continues
                 on the downward trend, it's going to be life changing to keep them in check. :whistle:
                        Trophy.......As Eddie said welcome to the morning addiction. :clap:
                        Bud...........You might be right about the exercising but I have found as I get older the exercise doesn't keep the aches and pains away
                 like they use to. ??? I hope the snow has stopped and you are all cleaned up. :flex:
                        Marv..........I hope the shopping went well and the store wasn't to crazy. :%$#!: If the spear shack guy is a ligit business guy then turning
                him to the Better Business Burrow, maybe that would raise an eye brow. ???
                        I took yesterday off from hunting, maybe my non presence in the woods where I've been hunting will get the deer not so skittish. And
                today looks iffy.
                       I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump day and Thanksgiving Eve either at work or getting prepared for tomorrow's feast.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17738 on: Nov 27, 2019, 04:34 AM »
34* this morning.
IW, good new on the test results. We are thinking of you both.
Ice-45, good to hear the numbers are coming down. Hope she is able to get home soon.
Eddie, they are saying some wind for sure. May keep a lot of hunters out of the woods
I spend most of the day in the woods yesterday. Not a deer. Not even many tracks in the area.
Hope everyone has a good day. The wife is baking today....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17739 on: Nov 27, 2019, 06:09 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

30 degrees with +30mph winds, gusts to 45mph. Our snow event will be winding down in 3-4 hours. As expected on our first blast totals were exaggerated, but no complaints here. We may get another inch bringing our total to 6", will still have to deal with it once the wind dies down.

h2l best of luck on your next hunt, hope success is right around the corner :thumbsup:

IW excellent news from the surgeon :clap: The unknown can really drag a person down.

WW safe travels to your family if they may the trip for Thanksgiving :thumbsup:

Welcome Trophytaker :thumbsup:

Time to fetch my garbage can before it blows away.

45 I hope your wife is able to come back today :thumbsup:

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17740 on: Nov 27, 2019, 09:34 AM »
still digging out, they closed the store yesterday, over there it amounted to 3'

Piles of plowed snow at the parking lot sure looks like it.  Was 7* when I left the house.

Don't think any of the local lakes have capped yet, will have to check.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17741 on: Nov 27, 2019, 10:07 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....all that fresh snow must be pretty, as long as you don't have to shovel it or drive thru it  :woot: 

IF45.....good news the numbers are down and Mrs45 now has a pcp :clap:  hope to read she makes it home today  :)

Eddie.....nope, my son and family will be at my d-i-l's Mom's for Thanksgiving  ;)  hope your day flies by  ;D

IW.....great news for MrsIW  :thumbsup: :clap:  I'm sure it's a huge weight off her shoulders and yours also :clap:  lots to be thankful for tomorrow  :bow:

WS.....glad to hear the storm totals weren't anywhere near IFF's  :whistle: :thumbsup:  still enough with those winds to make things miserable  :-\  better throw another log on and get the cribbage game started  :roflmao:

CapJ.....hope you're able to put the finishing touches on the AC job today and bid it farewell  ;) 

H2L.....definitely been a strange fall critter wise  :blink:  most of my little birds seem to have vanished yet again  :unsure:  bet your house is smelling pretty good about now  ;)2

MrC.....not looking good at all for the floats tomorrow  :nono: :(  could be worse tho, at least they aren't looking at a blizzard  ;)2  safe travels if you're heading to NJ  :)

Got the lights all on yesterday, such a beautiful day to be outside  :clap:  cloudy, cool and breezy this morning followed by windy rainy conditions this afternoon  :wacko:  MrWW is on his way back to hunting camp for a few days, still has 2 or 3 doe permits

Have a good day at work or play. Careful on the roads if traveling. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17742 on: Nov 27, 2019, 10:20 AM »
Good morning cloudy sky with temperature in the low forties heading to the mid fifties rain and wind come later today. Thanksgiving day will be windy with some gusts getting up to 40 MPH. Hope everyone has Thanksgiving meal shopping completed grocery stores will be crazy places today. Safe travels to all visiting family and friends and vice-versa.
Icefisher-45 good to read your wife's blood sugar level continues to drop and you have found a primary care doctor. May the insulin and other medications along with diet change help keep her blood sugar level in the normal range. Hope she is back home to you before to long. So many years back on a windy day of the balloons hit a street light sending glass onto spectators and causing injuries so now there are safety regulations in place. I've been to the Macy's parade a couple of times hard when watching on TV to get an idea of how large the balloons are many are twenty to thirty feet high when inflated plus however far from the street is the standard height for flying them. Thanks to TV magic viewers may get to see balloons as parade footage from previous years is put into the broadcast. Also unless yo have connections to Macy's or get up really early and can get a spot along the route near by parade attendees do not see all that is show on TV. The famous Radio City Music Hall Rockettes is one example.
Eddie have a good work day. Do you plan on visiting your Mom early tomorrow before the family enjoys the T-day feast or will you be helping your wife with last minute details.
Ice Wanderer that is great news about your wife. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: May you and the family have a great day together tomorrow.
Trophytaker1 welcome to the 9:45 thread feel free to join us on a regular basis. Best to you this ice fishing and Holiday season.
IFF hope you received less then 24 inches from the storm and winds were light during and after it so you do not have any major drifts to deal with clearing out.
Hunts2long you and the wife have a good celebration tomorrow with your daughters and any other family and guests.
Whopper Stopper glad your not buried in snow those winds will cause drifting if the snow is the powder type be a work out for you and your snow removal equipment. May you and the "Girls" also have a good day tomorrow with family and friends.
Wallyworld did the two of you and your son's family have an early Thanksgiving dinner at one of the many Lake Placid restaurants or will they or you be traveling. Hope you finished the Christmas lights yesterday some homes here already have them on at night . one of my downstairs neighbors has her balcony/porch decorated and her tree up this lady also decorates our lobby through out the year according to the seasons and various holidays. She does a good job and it adds to to the building.
Captain Jim may you be correct and finish the AC job today. Have a great day tomorrow with your family any future trips planed to visit your son and the grandchildren. If I remember correctly he is stationed in California when not on deployment.
OldSailor/Old Goat may you also have good thanksgiving's with your families and friends.
IFF/Wallyworld see I was typing while the two of you posted. IFF know you have been through this type of weather before but be careful when traveling those plowed snow banks limit your vision especially at intersections and when pulling into moving traffic. Wallyworld assume you will spend tomorrow with family and friends that live closer to you then your son. Mr.WW is lucky to have you for a wife hope he has a special present or two for you this Christmas.
Tom Turkey almost forgot you best to you and the family this Thanksgiving may all the guests be able to attend the holiday dinner. Hope your wife is not doing all of the cooking.

May everyone traveling for Thanksgiving have safe journeys and a great time with family and friends.
 Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17743 on: Nov 27, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Happy to hear Mrs. IW has good news.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17744 on: Nov 27, 2019, 11:17 AM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Great news. Just got home with my wife. She’s happy to be home. Mr Dickens is very happy too. He came with me to pick her up after a walk at the lake.

Mr Clean, Hope your weather isn’t to bad today with rain and wind.

WallyWorld, Sounds like you had a very productive day yesterday.

IFF, Make sure you drive carefully today. Tough to see around snow banks.

Ice Wanderer, Thats great news about your wife. Hope you have good luck today in the woods.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you got your trash can. You should report that person to the better business bureau.

Hunts2long, Hope you have a good day if you get out in the woods.

I hope everyone has a good and safe day. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17745 on: Nov 27, 2019, 03:48 PM »
Made a short day at work, so I qualify for the holiday pay

Steve, Right at 24" at my digs.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17746 on: Nov 27, 2019, 03:59 PM »
  :o  :o  :o

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17747 on: Nov 27, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Good Evening, good evening to all

Low 50's with cloud cover all day, no rain, not much of a breeze

45 - Glad the wife is home, now to keep those #'s in check, thoughts & prayers

I.W. - Glad your wife's biopsy came back negative, a big relief, I'm sure, thoughts & prayers to her also

Clean - Mrs. W.W. -- YES, the A.C. job has been completed, to the satisfaction of the customer, was there when the city inspector came by for the Cert. of Occ., he said the
      work was clean, & liked the way everything was done, Customer said he was there for 10 minutes, passed the unit, was gone, I'm happy, Condo Management complimented
      work also, with a promise of referrals to others when asked for contractors,  ;D ;D ;D, got the final payment, DONE with the drive :thumbsup: - Son, D.I.L., grandkids are
      now in Kansas City, job transfer, visit planned for after New Year's, talk to them a least once a week, very happy with the move & housing situation, all are healthy

T.Take - Welcome to the 9:45, we don't bite, just a very friendly group from coast to coast

I.F.F. - Is light and fluffy, use the leaf blower, I've done that before

H2L - The past couple trips to A.C., havn't seen much deer action early a.m. or the p.m. ride home, getting close to firearm shotgun here in NJ, sure they are holed up in
      deep cover

O.G. - O.S. -- Havn't heard much from you two, you guys doing o.k. ?

While all of us can not be home for this Thanksgiving, may we all remember the First Responders, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters, & Overseas Military who will be doing a job
      so we can enjoy the life we all have, Thank You for Your Service - May You Be Safe

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon-Happy Birthday
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17748 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:07 PM »
Good evening,brief period of rain around 5PM no Idea if I will see more overnight. Wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving sent to all of the 9;45 group.
Icefisher-45 great to read your wife is home. :clap: :clap: May the two of you have a good Thanksgiving.
Capt.Jim glad you completed the AC job and that commute is over. Congratulations on pleasing the property owner passing city inspection and getting a compliment from Condo Management. :clap: :thumbsup: Good to hear your son,DIL and grandkids are now a little closer to you. I must have your son confused with someone else thought he was in the Navy must be another service branch. Ditto your comments about those working tomorrow while most of us celebrate with family and friends. Ps.I think you will be getting more work at the AC condo complex in the future.
IFF hope that snow is powder type and easy to shovel and snow blow. I talked with my cousin in Casper,WY. earlier she has six inches on the ground.

Have a good night everyone safe travels to all of you or your guests.
 Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17749 on: Nov 27, 2019, 08:12 PM »
Steve - Yes he was in the Navy, got out after 7 years this past Feb., doing the same thing in private sector that he did for King Neptune for more money, and he's home with
     wife & kids every night
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17750 on: Nov 27, 2019, 09:09 PM »
Capt.Jim thank you for answering my question. When I saw Kansas City made me think your son was in another branch of military service and not the Navy. Please give him my thanks for his service,understand his getting out miss to much of your families live's while in the military with deployments or change in home base where the family can not come with you.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17751 on: Nov 28, 2019, 03:31 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving ER's
                               It's 36* and very windy.
                               I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving, I have a lot to be thankful for this year. First and most important; My wife's recovery
                      from cancer and 2nd that my shoulder really feel good. It's been a year since I tore the Rotator cuff!
                               I hope you all have a good day.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17752 on: Nov 28, 2019, 04:22 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
   Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
  38* here with steady strong winds, gusts in the low 40’s, high of 39 today.

Jeff...such great news on your wife with the recent test results, please let her know she is still in our thoughts and prayers each day...so happy for you all. Have a wonderful day today!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:   
  I-45...such great news on your wife as well being released from the hospital, I’m sure that must have been a a huge relief for you both....hope you have a wonderful day together today!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Steve...Thank You, wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving as well.   :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...CONGRATULATIO NS on clearing all the hurdles with the AC job...Awesome!!  :bow:  That’s excellent news on your son and family, please thank him for his service!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Bud...fingers crossed that snow has left your area, wow! Hope you’re not feeling the aches and pains today and no loss of power...best wishes sent Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Marv, Wally, H2, OG, OS, Tom, Raquet ...wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving today!   :thumbsup:

Traditionally I usually go hunting every Thanksgiving morning, haven’t missed one in a long time. Going to take a pass today, the winds are just too strong for my liking.
  There’s been plenty of good things happening here to give thanks for, and I want you all to know it’s been a great pleasure sharing them with you all....Wishing you all and your loved ones a very Happy Thanksgiving, God Bless!   :bow:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17753 on: Nov 28, 2019, 04:40 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

36* this morning.

Ice-45, glad the wife is home. Hope her numbers remain good.

WW, the house smelled like a bake shop when I got home. She made 3 pies and got a lot of the prep work done for today.

About 8am yesterday had a doe walk by me, sat almost 2 more hours hoping there might be a buck looking for her. Came home, did some things for the wife and with the storm coming in I just needed to be back in the woods. I expected to see deer at any minute, it got very dark about 2pm, periods of light rain, perfect for deer movement. Nothing. About 3 the flood gates opened. It poured. I headed for the Jeep.

Going out for a couple hours this morning. Lindsay, her BF and the dogs will be getting here about noon. Amber works at DD until 1pm. Dinner is planned for 3.
Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17754 on: Nov 28, 2019, 05:19 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!!!!!  Like Eddie said it's been a pleasure sharing life's ups and downs throughout the past year with everyone here  :thumbsup:  And like CapJ said a big Thank You to all the servicemen/women, law enforcement officers, first responders and doctors/nurses that are away from their families today so that we may celebrate with peace of mind  :bow: :bow: :bow:  May you all have a day filled with warmth, love, laughter and good food. God Bless. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17755 on: Nov 28, 2019, 06:30 AM »
Every one have a great Thanksgiving. Remember all of those from the past that made this day possible. Also think of the Leo's, first responders and service men and women that are working today to protect us that are not able to spend the day with their families.

Up early to get the turkey and dressing out so the wife can get the bird stuffed. I am planning on taking the bird down to the pavilion to roast it so I do not have to haul the hot bird down there.

As usual the wife has overdone it with the baking. 5 pies, a diabetic banana desert plus two batches of cookies.

ww  I think you have the banana desert and coconut custard pie recipes. When she poured the coconut pie filling in the pan it almost over filled the pie pan as the eggs were the size of extra large eggs. To heck with eating turkey I think I will just eat deserts.
I agree with you. I have always said this is the greatest group and thread on the internet!

H2L It sounds like your deer hunting is going like mine did. At least I did see the one buck but missed the shot.
Thanks to my friend that gifted me the deer or I would not have venison in the freezer.

Capt Jim I am sure you are glad that you got the big job done before Thanksgiving. With what you said about every one liking the job you did, you will probably end up with more work there. Word of mouth is way better than any advertising you pay for.

eddie If you are getting the wind we had yesterday I would not even try to hunt in it. I spent most of Tuesday cleaning up leaves. I have never had that many leaves. After yesterdays wind you can hardly tell I worked on leaves on Tuesday. They are all oak leaves that came from the woods across the road. These are going back to where they came from.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17756 on: Nov 28, 2019, 06:51 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 to Everyone,

I’m thankful for this site and for My wife who has stood by me thru everything. I’m thankful she is home today. A special Happy Thanksgiving and thank you to our Service men and woman and our first responders who aren’t able to be with their families today. I hope everyone has a great day with their families and friends. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17757 on: Nov 28, 2019, 07:40 AM »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING  to the best group of friends on the site..      :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have a great day ya all...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17758 on: Nov 28, 2019, 07:58 AM »
Good Morning sky  is brightening up from a little earlier this morning windy here with leaves gone now I can see the flag flying at local fire house almost at a right angle to the flag pole. I assume the Macy's parade balloons have been grounded I found some history on the balloons and parade which I will share tomorrow. Trying to keep this short still have to eat breakfast and do a few other things before loading up my sleigh (SUV) and travelling over some rivers and streams through what at one time was woodlands to family in northern NJ. I will go. NO Auto Drive on MY sleigh so I will have to drive guide it on it's way thought the journey it does know.

Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving. Ditto the comments posted today all of you have become extended family and friends to me.

Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17759 on: Nov 28, 2019, 09:01 AM »
Good Morning ER's 30* and holding wishing everyone a wonderful thanksgiving.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.