Author Topic: can the bearcat be stoped?  (Read 2236 times)

Offline tundraman

• IceShanty Rookie
can the bearcat be stoped?
« on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:26 AM »
Had it on a lake yesterday with about a foot and a half of slush and about a foot and a half of snow on top of that. the thing was literally pushing snow over the hood while braggin two big flip over tents. My old tundra wouldnt of made it ten feet and it would of been sunk.
I say its a hobby, my wife says its a sickness!

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: can the bearcat be stoped?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:48 AM »
Well everything can be stopped. The Bear sure has a lot of power to push through the crap but it is wide and heavy. I've considered one myself. My tundra seemed unstopable till I burried It in the middle of no where. Lucky it is a sled I can move around by myself 340 lbs is workable. You'll enjoy the bearcat. Keep us posted on how your season goes.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:35 AM »
The bear can be stopped.  We tried several different machines while grooming ski trails.  The best we found was the Skidoo Tundra.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:53 AM »
I run the skidoo scandic suv. Picked out with carbides. This machine will go just about anywhere and pulls my house without much problems. Storage under the seat is nice too.

JIGGIN.

Offline tundraman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2010, 12:56 AM »
I didnt mean to slam the tundra. I had mine for seven years, ice fishing two three times a week with it. VERY reliable (two three pumps on the primer-one pull starts every time) but it never even came close to going through what the bearcat has gone through so far. And if i get stuck hopefully the winch i have mounted on the front helps!
I say its a hobby, my wife says its a sickness!

Offline Genzer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2010, 02:52 PM »
 T-man,  We fished yesterday in 8-12" of slush w/ 3 people on the BC , 2 on the seat 1 on the basket, auger mounted on the front & towing a very heavy Yukon loaded to the top! Did I mention also a Kenai was in tow! I've had my bearcat  for 4 yrs. & havn't been stoped yet, & I live in the snowbelt off Lake Ontario. I've also had an 04 tundra & 05 skandic, both nice machines however, I can compare these because I've owned them. The bearcat is the cadillac of all work/utillity sleds. Enjoy!

Offline alcesalces4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2010, 03:06 PM »
I would be carful with the 09 bearcat XT. i have one and have not been impressed at all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.