The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Eskimo Oil leak  (Read 440 times)

Offline delee1sp

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo Oil leak
« on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:14 AM »
So I came home last night and a certain someone (wife) moved my ice auger and did not lay it down the correct way. I went into the garage and oil had leaked out of it. This is why it needs to be stored vertically or with the propane tank closest to the ground. Does anyone think this will permanently damage my auger? I bought new oil and am going to make sure the level are correct. Just curious what it will do long term.

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo Oil leak
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:46 AM »
You should be fine.   Let the oil drain down to clean everything out.    Might also build or buy a hanger at bolt to your garage wall to hang the auger on.

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:38 AM »
It wasn't run with low or no oil so the mechanical parts should be fine.  it is more of a mess at this point than anything.  Like said, let everything level out, clean up excess oil, fill to proper levels and you should be good to go.  If there were any excess oil that got into the carb it might smoke a little more than you are used to seeing but should go away after some run time.

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:45 AM »
should not her anything

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:56 AM »
might be a tad hard starting and smokey for a short time if oil is in the carb.on my jiffy pro4 lite the crankcase breather tube is connected to the carb housing so oil sometimes get in the carb throat.

Offline delee1sp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2019, 11:12 AM »
Thanks everyone. Appreciate it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.