The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Echo Ice Auger  (Read 2264 times)

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Echo Ice Auger
« on: Dec 17, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Has anyone ever used an Echo ice auger?  I do landscaping during the summer, and only use Echo trimmers and blowers.  They have the best engines imo.  I am thinking about replacing my old Mora with a power auger.  I have a torn rotator cuff, and don't know how much longer my shoulder can handle drilling 27" holes with a hand auger.  I was only looking at the "big 3" (Strikemaster, Jiffy, Eskimo,)  when I  was browsing the Echo site for a hedge trimmer, and came across an ice auger. 

Offline PyroZuki

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dip-Dip-Jerk
Re: Echo Ice Auger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2010, 10:12 AM »
Unfortunately I can't speak from personal experience, but a buddy of mine in Kali uses an Echo. He's had it for 3 seasons, and hasn't had a single problem with it. I've drilled a few holes up there with it, seemed to work like a power auger. I know he LOVES it, I guess he left it out in the rain one nite, then it froze solid, and when he got to the lake, he claims "it fired right up, as if it were snuggled by the fire place ALL nite!".

Hope that helps at least a little!

Good luck,
Pyro
I live in MT, so when I ain't huntin, I'm fishin!
Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Thanks Pyro, I figured they must be good, because Echo makes a quality product.  They just don't seem to be very popular among ice fishermen.  I haven't read a single post on here regarding Echo.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2010, 01:57 PM »
I think stihl should make augers.  Gotta pay a lot for the orange though.  I have a lawn care/snow removal business in Bozeman and have always used stihl, I'm not knocking echo, just never used it.
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2010, 02:19 PM »
 I think Stihl and Echo make comparable products.  I still think Stihl makes the best chainsaw.  I am just worried about the new Jiffys, Eskimos and SM using Chinese engines.  They had Tecumseh before, which was bad enough.  Now Tecumseh is out of business.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.