Author Topic: Heated vests from Cabelas  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
Heated vests from Cabelas
« on: Aug 17, 2012, 06:49 PM »
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Heated-Performance-Fleece-Vest/1397376.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dheated%2Bvest%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=heated+vest&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Anyone familiar with these heated vests being sold by Cabelas?  The technology appears to be better than the old heated socks operated on D cell batteries.  They also have jackets, socks, gloves, kidney heaters, and handwarmers.  The stuff is rather expensive, but I decided to try a vest and see how I like it.  They're not going to start delivery til mid-September.   
This might be just the ticket for those really cold days on the ice.
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: Heated vests from Cabelas
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2012, 06:55 PM »
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Heated-Performance-Fleece-Vest/1397376.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dheated%2Bvest%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=heated+vest&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Anyone familiar with these heated vests being sold by Cabelas?  The technology appears to be better than the old heated socks operated on D cell batteries.  They also have jackets, socks, gloves, kidney heaters, and handwarmers.  The stuff is rather expensive, but I decided to try a vest and see how I like it.  They're not going to start delivery til mid-September.   
This might be just the ticket for those really cold days on the ice.
Spendy at $150!!! :o
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2012, 07:13 PM »
The hand warmer from that series looks pretty nifty. I wouldn't need the vest. I have a bunch of double cheeseburgers wrapped around my mid section.  ;)    :laugh: :thumbsup:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2012, 07:17 PM »
The hand warmer from that series looks pretty nifty. I wouldn't need the vest. I have a bunch of double cheeseburgers wrapped around my mid section.  ;)    :laugh: :thumbsup:
X2--- :thumbsup: :clap: ;)2 :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

surflizard

« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2012, 07:43 PM »
The new heated clothing is gaining popularity among people that are exposed to cold weather for long periods at a time. I talked to a guy who uses the vest, he swears by it, he has had one for a couple years now ! Testing shows that if the trunk of the body is warmed, the extremities don't lose heat as fast and stay warmer longer.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2012, 10:39 PM »
If your gonna spend that much might as well get milwakees heated coat! It gets too warm on high for me
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2012, 08:41 PM »
The Milwaukee heated coat is just unreal. 

When I saw it I laughed initially - but then the vendor said put it on.  I run warm anyway, but this thing had me cooking on medium!  Really cool technology, but a coat was too much for a guy like me.  I could get some real use out of a vest, though. 

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2012, 08:44 PM »
Eat more cheeseburgers and add insulation to your body!

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Eat more cheeseburgers and add insulation to your body!
I did that but the Doc didn't like it.  The Wife & the Doc have me eating so many salads to make up it that I'm surprised I don't have a rabbit's tail growing out of my ass. 
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2012, 08:55 PM »
No wonder you're cold... you need more seal blubber like the Eskimo! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.