Author Topic: New Bay Runner 1000i  (Read 2281 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
New Bay Runner 1000i
« on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:31 PM »
Picked up a new tent today as the price was just right for me. You can never have enough tents. Lol prospector will always win that category though. Icecutterion has done some great mods to his and it functions great for day fishing and making a lot of moves without much work. As it goes with me,  somethings gotta go and that's listed here

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=376760.msg4071182#msg4071182

Here's what the the new one looks like for those that haven't seen this type of set up

Hopefully I'll have it ready for cascade if it gets here when it's saying it will.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New Bay Runner 1000i
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:46 PM »
Picked up a new tent today as the price was just right for me. You can never have enough tents. Lol prospector will always win that category though. Icecutterion has done some great mods to his and it functions great for day fishing and making a lot of moves without much work. So something gotta go and so that's here

Here's what the the new one looks like for those that haven't seen this type of set up

Hopefully I'll have it ready for cascade if it gets here when it's saying it will.

So, do you fish through the floor?
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:57 PM »
Well if im fishing for pan fish or trout and it's cold/windy more than likely,  but lately I've been chasing after Lakers so for those im definitely fishing out the door sitting in the tent with a director chair. At times it will be a suped up insulated wind break with heat and an electronics shelf. I will use one of the doors in the floor for my transducer. Good way to stay out of the sun a bit also. I will be adding an anchoring system for when it's not hooked to my machine, maybe some outdoor carpet, a drawer type of deal under the shelf and a heater mount on the shelf
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2020, 11:55 AM »
If I didn't already have an EVO 1, I'd have to think about that one.  Very compact and easy up or down.  Not sure about how well the fishing through the bottom of the sled system would work in the real world, but I'm sure you'll give us a report soon.   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2020, 12:37 PM »
Nice... I got one of the 1st Bayrunners when they came out 5-6 years ago, non-insulated but they're so small that keeping one toasty is easy. Fishing through the floor is no problem, I usually drill a hole for each floor hatch, one gets sonar and fish from the other. They are great for bouncing around, no need to do anything but pull the ducer and close the hatches and off you go to the next spot. My only real complaint is  that your kinda stuck with rods under 30" because of the distance between the hatches and bench. Super easy to mod, I had a thread going years ago but it kinda fell apart with photobucket... Everything is pretty much there just blurry pics... https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=288977.0
 Good luck, I hope you enjoy it...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2020, 01:01 PM »
We'll all be looking forward to your mods Matt.  I would imagine swivel chair with back on one side to fish inside AND outside would be one of the very first mods.   :)

800, I'm not sure why you felt the need to mount 8 rod holders inside your unit.  Nothing wrong with it; it just seems a bit overkill to me for such a small unit.  I did like the bottom cover (carpet ?).  I would probably use a thin, closed cell plastic foam cover were it mine.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2020, 01:15 PM »
It's got 8 rod holders because I usually have 8+ rods with me, typically rigged differently for the species of the moment... I just grab a different rod and keep fishing rather than stopping to tie on a new bait/lure. Just because the unit is small doesn't mean it won't be on big water with a large number of species under it needing different action, line weight, lures etc...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2020, 01:55 PM »
Understood.  I little different here in Utah.  Most reservoirs are small and I normally don't target more than one or two species at a time.  I just take the rods needed for the day which is never more than 2 or 3.  Just seemed odd to carry that many on any day trip for me.   :)  
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2020, 03:27 PM »
If I didn't already have an EVO 1, I'd have to think about that one.  Very compact and easy up or down.  Not sure about how well the fishing through the bottom of the sled system would work in the real world, but I'm sure you'll give us a report soon.   ;D

It should work out great for the type of fishing I've been doing. I'll definitely have an inside & outside seating. Tracking is still on time. Runners ordered. Cover got here today. After it gets here I'll need to make a stop to the hardware store for the good stuff. Im going with a customized rubber backed door mat type for the flooring. Easily removable. I definitely don't want either pair of my ice spikes tearing that sled up.

Nice... I got one of the 1st Bayrunners when they came out 5-6 years ago, non-insulated but they're so small that keeping one toasty is easy. Fishing through the floor is no problem, I usually drill a hole for each floor hatch, one gets sonar and fish from the other. They are great for bouncing around, no need to do anything but pull the ducer and close the hatches and off you go to the next spot. My only real complaint is  that your kinda stuck with rods under 30" because of the distance between the hatches and bench. Super easy to mod, I had a thread going years ago but it kinda fell apart with photobucket... Everything is pretty much there just blurry pics... https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=288977.0
 Good luck, I hope you enjoy it...

I have went thru your posts numerous times. Great mods you did. Really hated what the whole PB thing did to a lot of people's pics. I'll be keeping mine a bit more simpler. If I can lol. Other than a shelf drawer type thing under the electronics shelf, a seat back and anchor setup. Im done atleast until next year. As for the rod set ups im a bit like Bob, I can only use 2 rods here so no more than 4 go out with me. But in Idaho I can use 5 and Wyoming is 6. My machines accommodates 5, rod box 6 so I usually just put them there when moving around. I usually never target more than 2 species at a body of water when I'm on the ice in Utah. The other states usually up to 3-4.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.