Author Topic: Hitting the Gorge  (Read 9150 times)

Offline IceCutterIon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><{{{{*> <*}}}}><
Re: Hitting the Gorge
« Reply #30 on: Feb 05, 2020, 01:22 PM »
Hey now, lets not start a conversation about forgotten clothes. I bring wipes to stay as fresh as possible. My new X400 shows up after we leave on Friday. Guess it will be a minute before I get to test that out. Doubtful the wife will drive it up Friday night she gets selfish sometimes about that stuff lol..

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #31 on: Feb 05, 2020, 04:54 PM »
Nice, warm motel room with comfortable beds, shower, microwave, refrigerator and restaurants for food; my kind of trip Lawrence.   ;D

See you Friday AM.

I don’t know we got a grill and a room that can move at any time and we got the hole lake as a fridge 😂😂 we’ll see you Friday morning.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #32 on: Feb 05, 2020, 04:56 PM »
Hey Matt I didn’t forget my clothes unlike someone else did I just didn’t change to make him fill better 😂😂

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2020, 07:56 PM »
Have a fun and safe weekend up there guys. Won't be able to join this weekend but will be up there Saturday the 15th thru Monday (Presidents Day) the 17th.

Here's two that came through the ice weekend before last right next to me.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #34 on: Feb 06, 2020, 07:50 AM »
Hey Matt I didn’t forget my clothes unlike someone else did I just didn’t change to make him fill better 😂😂

Now thats a wingman. LOL

Have a fun and safe weekend up there guys. Won't be able to join this weekend but will be up there Saturday the 15th thru Monday (Presidents Day) the 17th.

Here's two that came through the ice weekend before last right next to me.

Those were some nice ones, hope we see a few this weekend  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline IceCutterIon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><{{{{*> <*}}}}><
« Reply #35 on: Feb 06, 2020, 07:53 AM »
Ya ya you two.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Feb 06, 2020, 11:21 AM »
Well its looking like its going to be a no go for the Gorge this weekend, the nasty "W" is not going to let up and this forecast is nothing we want to drive in or sit in on the ice

Tonight: Patchy blowing snow and a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with lows mainly in the lower 30s. Windy, with a west wind between 24 and 28 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday: Patchy blowing snow and a chance of snow before 4pm. Partly sunny, with highs mostly in the upper 30s. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 21 to 24 mph decreasing to between 8 and 11 mph. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with lows mostly in the lower 20s. West wind 5 to 12 mph becoming south.

Saturday: A slight chance of snow before 2pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow between 2pm and 4pm, then a slight chance of snow after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with highs mainly in the upper 30s. Breezy, with a south wind 19 to 22 mph becoming west northwest 7 to 10 mph. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Guess the big boys will have to wait for me to get there on another day  :'(
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 06, 2020, 01:14 PM »
Well its looking like its going to be a no go for the Gorge this weekend, the nasty "W" is not going to let up and this forecast is nothing we want to drive in or sit in on the ice

Tonight: Patchy blowing snow and a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with lows mainly in the lower 30s. Windy, with a west wind between 24 and 28 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday: Patchy blowing snow and a chance of snow before 4pm. Partly sunny, with highs mostly in the upper 30s. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 21 to 24 mph decreasing to between 8 and 11 mph. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with lows mostly in the lower 20s. West wind 5 to 12 mph becoming south.

Saturday: A slight chance of snow before 2pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow between 2pm and 4pm, then a slight chance of snow after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with highs mainly in the upper 30s. Breezy, with a south wind 19 to 22 mph becoming west northwest 7 to 10 mph. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Guess the big boys will have to wait for me to get there on another day  :'(
That darned "W"! Too bad you won't be making that trip this weekend. High wind warning posted today with 60-65 mph wind gusts in that area. Roads should be drifted in good after the next couple of days!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Feb 06, 2020, 01:31 PM »
For sure Glen. The highway cams are looking pretty good right now compared to this morning, but as most of us know when its predicted that high somethings coming thru and I for one prefer not to be in it. We have been debating it for a bit and was fine with one day of the "W" but when it went to the whole weekend for the most part, we were out! We'll be back that's for sure  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:14 AM »
Well it looks like the few of us that decided to not make the trip last weekend chose right. Reports from friends that did go only really had decent no wind weather Saturday morning into the early afternoon then another storm blew in and it got down right nasty. Its looking like there will be a redo this weekend, but unfortunately I will only be able to do a day trip on Sunday. hopefully mother nature cooperates a but more. 
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #40 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:49 AM »
Well we are going to give it try this weekend we’ll will be leaving Saturday morning and staying till Monday let’s hope we can get into the big boy’s

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 11, 2020, 02:38 PM »
I'm headed up Sat morning too. So far the forecast is looking great for this weekend so the lighting should be good for the pictures I'll take holding that 30 pounder I'm going to catch.....
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 11, 2020, 03:43 PM »
I'm headed up Sat morning too. So far the forecast is looking great for this weekend so the lighting should be good for the pictures I'll take holding that 30 pounder I'm going to catch.....
I most certainly wouldn't bet against that happening!  ;D
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Feb 11, 2020, 07:43 PM »
I most certainly wouldn't bet against that happening!  ;D

Dang it! When I seen you posted on this I thought you were coming up
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline huntinfool18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 11, 2020, 07:57 PM »
I heard of another wheeler going through the ice out there a couple days ago. Be careful
 I’ll be out there Friday- Sunday. Good luck on that 30lber

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:57 PM »
Next year  ;)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #46 on: Feb 11, 2020, 09:07 PM »
I was told by a buddy about that wheeler he also said just be carful and check the edges where you plan on going onto the ice

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Feb 11, 2020, 09:24 PM »
Next year  ;)

Better be or your cut off. Lol whenever you can make it for sure dewy.

I heard of another wheeler going through the ice out there a couple days ago. Be careful
 I’ll be out there Friday- Sunday. Good luck on that 30lber
I was told by a buddy about that wheeler he also said just be carful and check the edges where you plan on going onto the ice

From what I've heard there was atleast 3. Watch the edges and ridges with care. Im thinking I'll just avoid the ridges myself all together on the wheeler. Sleds maybe a little more mobile but there's just not enough snow for me this year. Be careful out there everyone. Im sure there'll be some shanty flags flying
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #48 on: Feb 12, 2020, 06:52 AM »
Best of luck guys.  I was thinking of going with Matt for the one day on Sunday until I saw the Manila forecast for that day.
Mainly cloudy with a mixture of rain and snow showers developing in the afternoon. High 41F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
And the forecast between there and here is even worse.  Be safe driving.  Have fun, stay dry, and take and post lots of pictures.  :)
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:01 AM »
I dont think it will be to bad as there are conflicting reports and I'm not seeing the "W" to high. This is what I see this morning on the NWS pinpoint map for I-80 before the Bridger exit

Friday-A 20 percent chance of snow showers after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. West southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
Friday Night-A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
Saturday-Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
Saturday Night-A chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
Sunday-Snow. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Breezy.
Sunday Night-A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 12. Breezy.
Washington's Birthday-A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 19.

Then this is at the spot on the Gorge

Friday-A 20 percent chance of snow after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. South southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the morning.
Friday Night-A 30 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Light south wind.
Saturday-Partly sunny, with a high near 36. Calm wind becoming west southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Nigh-tMostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
Sunday-Snow likely before 2pm, then rain and snow likely between 2pm and 4pm, then snow likely after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday Night-A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
Washington's Birthday-A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.

Definitely looking worse on the ice but with the year winding down that's an acceptable risk for me on the roads and ice. We'll for sure be back up at least twice after Cascade. I got a shot in my hip Monday and its feeling pretty good so I just might get an overnighter on the ice this year yet  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot: :woot:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 12, 2020, 09:32 AM »
Good luck to all going. Be safe and have a good time.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #51 on: Feb 12, 2020, 11:27 AM »
I dont think it will be to bad as there are conflicting reports and I'm not seeing the "W" to high. This is what I see this morning on the NWS pinpoint map for I-80 before the Bridger exit

Friday-A 20 percent chance of snow showers after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. West southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
Friday Night-A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
Saturday-Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
Saturday Night-A chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
Sunday-Snow. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Breezy.
Sunday Night-A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 12. Breezy.
Washington's Birthday-A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 19.

Then this is at the spot on the Gorge

Friday-A 20 percent chance of snow after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. South southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the morning.
Friday Night-A 30 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Light south wind.
Saturday-Partly sunny, with a high near 36. Calm wind becoming west southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Nigh-tMostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
Sunday-Snow likely before 2pm, then rain and snow likely between 2pm and 4pm, then snow likely after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday Night-A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
Washington's Birthday-A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.

Definitely looking worse on the ice but with the year winding down that's an acceptable risk for me on the roads and ice. We'll for sure be back up at least twice after Cascade. I got a shot in my hip Monday and its feeling pretty good so I just might get an overnighter on the ice this year yet  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot: :woot:

looking good for the weekend and matt I will believe when I see it  ;D ;D ;D

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #52 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:27 PM »
Have fun all, unfortunately I will be out of town for my sons hockey in Colorado Springs!  I'm going to try and fit one trip in next weekend while ya'll are at Cascade from Thursday evening to Saturday.  Good luck, hope everyone snags some big ones!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:35 PM »
Good luck to all going. Be safe and have a good time.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

looking good for the weekend and matt I will believe when I see it  ;D ;D ;D

I guess I'll take that as words of encouragement. LOL

Have fun all, unfortunately I will be out of town for my sons hockey in Colorado Springs!  I'm going to try and fit one trip in next weekend while ya'll are at Cascade from Thursday evening to Saturday.  Good luck, hope everyone snags some big ones!

Why don't you just do Casacde?? Thurs-Mon??
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Feb 14, 2020, 05:22 PM »
Getting it done Joe!

That ice can be decieving when getting there in the dark. Next thing you know it's 1-2in thicker in the daylight. Can never be too safe. Fishon1 & icecutterion should be getting close to that spot right about now. Lucky SOB's. I'll be up Sunday morning bright & early.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Feb 15, 2020, 04:07 PM »
Probably a little late for anyone that's already stuck in it but this is what's being said about the I80 closure in Evanston.

Road Closed Due To Rolling Closure 
As of February 15 at 10:00 a.m., the estimated opening time is in 9 to 11 hours. Parking on the roadway is prohibited and delays WYDOT from opening the road.

That's as of 2:40pm. Hopefully it's 9hrs or sooner as im planning on rolling thru there in 12hrd
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline huntinfool18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Feb 15, 2020, 07:31 PM »
Wasn’t able to get a 30lber so I settled for a 28

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Feb 15, 2020, 07:49 PM »
HOLY SMOKES! Congratulations, that's awesome!  :thumbsup:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #58 on: Feb 15, 2020, 10:07 PM »
Wasn’t able to get a 30lber so I settled for a 28

That's awesome hf18
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #59 on: Feb 16, 2020, 10:15 PM »
That's was fun. I just got home. Had to back track at the Wyo border after Manila. There was a pretty bad roll over. Had to go back thru to green river and it was blowing snow all the way to Evanston. Fun stuff. They closed I80 right as I was going thru also. So I made that just in the nick of time. It was strike 4 for me today out there. I did have a lot of action till around 11 then it slowed way down. Only one good hit all day. My new light bar worked great. Had no probs heading out at zero dark thirty.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.