Author Topic: Narrow Hills  (Read 858 times)

Offline Pappy

• IceShanty Rookie
Narrow Hills
« on: Mar 05, 2019, 03:32 PM »
Has anyone fished in the narrow hills lately? Was planning on staying at pipprel and fishing the area for the first time this weekend!

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Narrow Hills
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:34 PM »
i was there the start of feb.  hurricane winds so we didn't fish that much but caught some 1-2lb splake when we were out.  chalet is "showing it's age" but more than good enough for a boys trip.  just don't leave any fish or bait unattended for any amount of time, the resident fox is definitely on the ball.

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Yes, it looks like Rainbow Lodge is coming to its end. I don't think there is any pot of gold there either. Too bad it has been so neglected.
Very disappointed when we fished there last spring.

Offline dkruks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2019, 08:27 PM »
Ya, it’s too bad about the lodge, we have stayed there a couple times.  It is nothing to be desired that’s for sure. Too bad, it’s such a beautiful location. If they put in a little TCL I’d bet it would be a pretty profitable place. I love the little rustic cabins. The last time we were there was in October, and the fire wood supplied looked like it was scrap chipping from a lumber mill, the biggest pieces were about 3 inches long, we used a dust pan to add more wood to the fire. 

Offline Pappy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2019, 10:02 PM »
Are there lakes in the area that have been producing lately?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.