Author Topic: We're leaving a Legacy  (Read 1345 times)

grumpymoe

We're leaving a Legacy
« on: Jan 30, 2006, 08:11 PM »
How do you want to be remembered?......just thought I would post this for everyone here as food for thought. Iceshanty is a big site on the web.....and will continue to grow with anglers from all over the globe. The topics we post today, will become archived for those down the road to either enjoy, chuckle or have a few laughs over..(technology will change)......do you ever wonder what someone in the future will think about what we discuss on IceShanty.com ?  Grump ;D

Offline Grimace

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ive Had It
Re: We're leaving a Legacy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2006, 08:14 PM »
poeple in 2030 will say  " holy cow these guys use to fish with line and rods, with no lasers or fish mind reading devices"  lol ;D

Offline BillB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2006, 08:36 PM »
Yeah, but will they still be having Vex vs. Marcum "discussions"?  I can hear it now......."Hey yah putz...my Marcum LX55 can detect, zap, and reel up a perch before your crummy Vex FX44 finishes drilling the hole"!

Offline chilly feet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bait?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2006, 06:05 AM »
there probably won't be any ice fishing season
in the year 2030,the avarage temp will be
75*f.and then there will be myths about people
walking on frozen lakes.yeah like,that ever
happened. :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline reelbigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just one more and we'll all go home. SE Mi.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2006, 06:16 AM »
  Beam me up Scotty.  I'd love to try fishing on some virtual holographic ice.  Perhaps
our greatgrandkids will start a cult based on our ramblings.

Ted
Many men go fishing their entire lives without knowing it's not fish they are after.
Thoreau

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2006, 06:39 AM »
There will always be a kid with a stick string and bent needle. Our legacy will be if that kid will catch anything.

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2006, 07:40 AM »
There will always be a kid with a stick string and bent needle. Our legacy will be if that kid will catch anything.

You hit the nail on the head. As for me I'm really just trying to create memories for the kids and grandkids.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

camo_fish

« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2006, 08:10 AM »
grump..as long as there is wine and some venison cooking over the wood stove, jig pole in hand, it doesn't matter much what we say now...there will always be someone out there looking to sponge up all the great info that we are talking about now...they'll go back, talk to there friends, someone will show or do something from the past (now), they'll look silly at times...but if it put fish on the ice...really doing the only thing that counts. ;D. having fun, talking trash about fishing and learning now things...just let we do know..  ;)  ;D

Offline Icemanjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2006, 09:30 PM »
They will probably have force field shacks weighing less than nothing, 50,000 BTU heaters the size of a quarter and use the terms primitive and idiots when describing us.  Then we will be the tough old geezers of "the good ol' days".  I'm just hoping my kids will wheel me out in my all terrain wheel chair to fish the ice just one more time in 2030.
Here fishy fishy fishy, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to catch you!

Offline winchester 88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2006, 10:01 PM »
Maybe some archaeologist will be digging in a glacier and come upon some guy frozen in time sitting on a bucket with a jiggin rod in one hand and a brewski in the other and watching the screen on some antique piece of electronic equipment and wonder what the h**l that was all about??????

Sorry guys if you think I'm wound up tonite. Ihave spent all evening cleaning up a spy ware alert really po'd because I haven't been able to check I/S for several hours and I thought I was going into withdrawl spasms :woot: :woot: before I could get back online.. :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Winchester 88
Has the rain a father?
Or who has begotten the drops of dew?
From whose womb comes the ice?
And the frost from heaven,who gives it birth?
By the breath of God ice is given and the broad waters are frozen.
The waters harden like stone and the surface of the deep is frozen.

The book of Job.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.