Author Topic: Help locating possible walleye via map attached  (Read 3079 times)

Offline smontague

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up, ass down
Help locating possible walleye via map attached
« on: Feb 04, 2017, 12:56 PM »
So, here`s the deal.

The lake pictured below has been one of my hot spots for good sized pike and dandy bass fishing in both summer and winter. I have never specifically fished for walleye until this passed week on this lake.

I have had 4 different people, none of whom know each other confirm with me and one showed me a picture of them with a walleye from this lake. My parents live here and I`m hoping to sneak out tomorrow morning before stopping in for a visit.

I fished the other night where the X is at the top of the two red circles. I have caught bass through the ice on the lower section of the lake where the other x is.

Red denotes rocky shoreline, and green denotes weed edges, and weed beds.

Depths are in meters...  Where would I start in the morning?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Help locating possible walleye via map attached
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2017, 01:08 PM »
Looks like a very shallow lake for walleyes but I would go right to the deepest part...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2017, 01:17 PM »
The point on the bottom looks like a place I would fish Drill it out with 50 plus holes and hope around. Place some tip ups up shallower. The neck down area looks good as well. Going to need to figure out the food source and figure that out as well, then look for bait. The basin edge also stands out.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline smontague

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up, ass down
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2017, 02:10 PM »
Looks like a very shallow lake for walleyes but I would go right to the deepest part...

As I stated originally, depths are in meters not feet ( Canada, eh) so the 18 meter portion would be around 60 feet, 14M- 45FT,

As for forage, the lake is loaded with smelts. I catch them in the spring, usually April. There`s also a very healthy perch population.

I`m hoping it`ll be a morning bite situation tomorrow!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2017, 02:18 PM »
Boy I sure need new glasses.... @)
But,hey its worth a try and work to the lower point till you mark fish if you have a flasher...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline smontague

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up, ass down
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2017, 02:26 PM »
My plan for the morning is to start near the mid x mark and work my way down to the point... hopefully my Helix 5 can put me on more than just dirty old pike tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D

I appreciate the help!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.