Author Topic: New to the group  (Read 3396 times)

Offline TommyRobinson

• IceShanty Rookie
New to the group
« on: Jan 16, 2004, 11:30 AM »
Hello everyone. Can't imagine seeing this many ice fishermen on a pc right about now. The ice is forming nice and hopefully I'll have enough to get out tomorrow. I live in Baltimore and just started ice fishing last year. It really grew on me and can't wait to get back out. I fish at Belle Grove Ponds during this time of year and was once a great area for ice fisherman. I'll be looking forward to hearing back from all of the locals.

Good fishin'
It's time to go and I can't turn the ignition!

Proud 2 Be A Carp Fisherman!!!
www.carpanglersgroup.c om

Offline kathleen

• IceShanty Rookie
Re:New to the group
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2004, 01:09 PM »
greeting tommy robinson, i grew up in baltimore and fished with my dad down seneca creek/bowley's quarters way.i love ice fishing, probably because it reminds me of some great times with my dad.he passed away in 2000.  so now i ice fish whenever i can just to keep that going in me. am not familiar with belle grove ponds, where is that? just back from ice fishing in maine.........it was awesome!
gime me a holler and welcome
kathy
kathy

Offline TommyRobinson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2004, 12:08 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Kathy. Funny only one who did in over 30 views. Snobs.  ;D . I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your father and fishing buddy. I can imagine what that is like, very tuff to get over.
Belle Grove is located in Brooklyn/North Linthicum area and is fed by the Patapsco River. I went out this morning but not quite enough ice - only about 2-3 inches. I am more confortable with at least 4 on tidal waters like these. Totally bummed about having to wait a little longer but better safe then sorry.

Offline chrisfrank

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2004, 11:12 PM »
hey tommy, i'm just outside baltimore myselft.   never been ice fishing but thinking about getting into it this year, headed to deep creek next week. i'd love any tips you have about fishing down this way

Offline Oly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HEY! Your Bobbers Down!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2004, 11:29 PM »
Tommy -

I live between Haggerstown and Frederick.  I do quite a few road trips to Deep Creek - am actually sponsoring an ice tournament February 7th out there.  I fish Greenbrier State park (42 acres) and some of the smaller lakes west of Haggerstown as well.  I relocated to MD from Michigan/Northern Indiana 4 years ago and really get homesick for the inland lake access we enjoy up there.  Good thing hardwater all you need are a bucket and a spud!  No trolling motor only restrictions!  Tight lines and maybe will see you on the frozen lake!

Jamie "Oly" Olson
Your Bobbers Down.com
Tight lines and Heavy Buckets!

Jamie "Oly" Olson

Offline TommyRobinson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2004, 06:09 PM »
Cheers Oly. You betcha you'll find me sooner or later. I love this stuff and am hooked on it.

Offline jhirsche

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • An Oneida man!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2004, 09:27 PM »
I'm also a transplant to Baltimore from northern NYS.  Grew up fishin' hard water, and miss doing it here.  I tokk a couple of road trips to Deep Creek last winter, and managed to catch a few nice perch on each outting.  Problem is the 2.5hr drive, gets kinda boring.  Thinking about heading up maybe once or twice this winter.  I'll keep an eye on this board, and let you know when I go.  Also, take a look at www.fishdeepcreek.com - the message board area.  Lots of good info there, when its working.

natedogg

« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2004, 01:29 PM »
Looking for some good ice fishing spots near baltimore.  Also any bait shops that sell shiners around here this time of year.
Nate

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.