Author Topic: Walleye patterns  (Read 5135 times)

Offline St. Lawrence River Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Walleye patterns
« on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:46 PM »
I stuck around on the ice yesterday toward dusk and was thrilled by when a giant walleye came in to grab my swedish pimple. Unfortunately, I wasn't ready to start targeting walleyes so it was my perch rig with a tiny treble and the hook eventually snapped after a 2+ min fight.

Is it more likely that this was a random lone fish or that this could be a productive spot? 

Details - water depth 24 ft (near a weed edge - sand bottom) coming up from deeper water nearby.  I used tips from an earlier post on spots to target from this board. So far so good. 

The next goal is to put one on the ice!

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Walleye patterns
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:09 PM »
Sounds like it could be a productive spot.

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2019, 12:42 AM »
Could be a good spot, you never mentioned a depth but it could have been a route they take going from deep to shallow at night to feed. Might not be to be productive a place to sit through the day but I would definitely spend more time there in the morning and evening, the bite might not last long but it could be very steady.

Offline jschragg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2019, 06:01 PM »
If you catch 1 walleye in a spot, evening bite. Is it worth going back to the next morning or find new spot?
Keep your stick on the ice

Offline Jiggerdoodle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2019, 06:23 PM »
I would be back there.  Keep fishing it for a few days catch nothing find a new spot.  Like the old saying goes, there are a lot of good fisherman when the sun goes down.  Prime time for eyes in my neck of the woods.

Offline jschragg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2019, 06:28 PM »
Thank you. During the day, fish in deeper water adjacent to this spot it was 12 ft of water.
Keep your stick on the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.