Author Topic: Any one wanna go ?  (Read 11701 times)

Offline CMFISH51

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Corey Miller
Confirmed 3
« Reply #60 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:59 AM »
Got the confirmation from my other buddy that he is in for saturday so that means 3 confirmed heading out with you guys!!  Now just hope the cold front coming thru friday night doesn't turn the fish off  :-\

See you in a couple days!
Team Reel Naughty

Offline Big Lumpy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Any one wanna go ?
« Reply #61 on: Jan 22, 2009, 02:32 PM »
Hi Guys!  It sounds like a great trip.  If it weren't for the fact that I just got back from a bust of a fishing trip to Minnesota I would be in.  A -24 degree cold front two days before our trip last week did not help matters at all.  I assume you are all going to hunt the great "eye" this weekend.  I was wondering how the ice fishing is on Erie. I didn't catch where you guys were leaving from.  I'm thinking about getting an ATV myself and it sounds like if I can justify the purchase if I can make a few Erie trips on the ice.  Any info on what your trip is all about would be awesome!!  Good luck

BL

Offline Emex1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:36 PM »
man i cant sleep at night im so excited. still 2 of us in. does anyone kno what time Ricards bait opens? see ya saturday guys.
Boyd

Offline icefishindave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 22, 2009, 07:45 PM »
Hey guys, Me and a buddy want to go. I was wondering if anyone has any info on time and place yet?      Thanks,Dave

Offline tmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:03 PM »
Hey everybody, we are all going to meet @ the mcdonalds on rt53 across from ricards bait and tackle. Want to get everyone organized to follow us to the launch site from there. Will plan on leaving from mcdonalds at 630 . Just make sure johnboy has your correct number of people showing up and a cell phone number for you. feel free to contact me as well with any questions. 419-308-6925. looks like its gonna be a cold one! look foreward to seeing you all.

Offline spaz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 23, 2009, 02:16 AM »
I`m not sure where that is you have to remember i`m a michigan dirt farmer :laugh:

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:42 AM »
Hey Spaz
Just go to http://www.mapquest.com/beta/directions and go to Catawba Island Ohio .That should draw you a map right to the area  .RT #53 should be very easy to find . Need a
any more help let me know .
                                                               John

Offline icefiend

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:00 AM »
  If it helps. Actual address you are looking for is 18 NE Catawba Rd.  Port Clinton, Ohio 43452 for McDonalds .

Rickards Bait and Tackle is right across the street.  17 NE Catawba Rd. Port Clinton, OH

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 23, 2009, 08:39 AM »
The Actual address I'm looking for is 1 HOT SPOT . LAKE ERIE 21 limits one eyes .
that'll do us just fine , lol  can't wait to meet everyone . Wear you ICE SHANTY gear
if you can . The people at mickey D's gonna wonder what in the world is going on here .
Stay safe and we'll see you there .
                                                                      John

Offline spaz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 23, 2009, 01:42 PM »
Hey do we need to bring a shanty or auger?I know the less stuff we bring the easier it will be getting us out there so I thought I would ask.There will be 2 of us in for the outing and my cell# 517-403-3860

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 23, 2009, 06:19 PM »
your holes will be drilled for you and your bait will be supplied and if over 20 people show your lunch supplied . You can bring your shanty if
You like but it will be drug out . It is very important that you all be there by 6:30 am .
My cell phone is 740 - 501-4844 . They we're hitting only a red buckshot rattle spoon today .
But tomorrow they might be hitting something else , bring the kitchen sink .
                                            See Ya !! 6AM
                                                             John

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:28 PM »
While I am not heading out with the group it would be nice to meet up with you guys.  captmike give papascott a call at some point tomorrow and I'll head over to meet everyone.  Good luck guys!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline Gary Piotrowski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #72 on: Jan 24, 2009, 08:33 PM »
Well how did you guy's do?

Offline tmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 24, 2009, 09:22 PM »
Didn't want to bite very well!

Offline nICE FISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Jan 25, 2009, 09:47 AM »
What day is the trip I might have to jump on this wagon :)

Offline Emex1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Jan 25, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Got 1 missed 3 at the hole (rookie on gaff) one was a 30" had a great time with Capt Mike. cant wait till next trip.

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 25, 2009, 12:31 PM »
I wish I would have taken a few minutes and introduce myself to you fellas, I was fishing a 1/4 mile south of you guys.  We had the same story as you guy , marked fish all day but few takers.  Some of the fish were pigs just not many.  The reports I have gotten so far today have been that it is even slower if that is possible. :'(
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #77 on: Jan 25, 2009, 05:37 PM »
guess we gotta blame it on the weather, not our fishing skill,(or lack thereof)  ;)

Offline jsifam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Jan 25, 2009, 08:35 PM »
Hello to everyone, new to this site. I was out on Sat.at Catawba with my son. Walked at 6:00 1.3 mi out on the GPS Fished until 2:00pm caught 1 fish 22in Had one other hit but missed. Had marks on the vex all day but could not them to bite. It seem like every time i would jig them off the bottom, a 4-wheeler would buzz by and the fish would disappear off the screen. seems like way to much fishing pressure out there. Hard to find a quiet spot with so many shantys around. Has anyone fished the Clinton Reef area? Looks like it might be a less crowded spot?  Jim

Offline icefiend

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Jan 26, 2009, 08:22 PM »
guess we gotta blame it on the weather, not our fishing skill,(or lack thereof)  ;)

That's what I told the wife and I'm stickin to it :laugh:

Offline Slay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you can't hunt---Fish!
« Reply #80 on: Jan 29, 2009, 09:10 AM »
Is this Capt Mike on this forum?
My brother and I were thinking of fishing Catawba (first time on the ice for walleyes).

I was wondering what the rates were for 2 people, length of time, etc.
Also, how much notice does he need?  Does he have a web page with this info?

Thanks.

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 29, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Give him a call . I'm sure he'll be glad to set you guys up , you cannot beat his prices.
His number is in one of the previous posts . And yes he is a member . Also Ii heard they're doing very well now .
                                                      John

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.