Author Topic: Where Are the Ohio Ice nuts ?  (Read 7113 times)

Offline falbinki

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Where Are the Ohio Ice nuts ?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 20, 2007, 09:37 PM »
just got back from a week long ice fishing trip to central minnesota. fished in the naifc. now to come back to this with no fishable ice is a killer. hope it's not to far away before we can fish i can't wait to get back on the hardwater. the trip to minnesota was amazing. the fishing is probably the best i have ever seen through the ice. we were on top of schools of crappies 6 to 8 feet thick everyday, and anytime of the day. by far the most fish i have ever caught through the ice. i highly recomend if you ever get the change to take an ice fishing trip somewhere plan one to alexandria minnesota. dave genz also put us on some walleyes on lake reno on monday night it was a blast. walleye fishing 50 yards from "THE MAN " himself. i belive we caught 7 that night between 4 of us. plus a bunch of crappies and nice gills.

Offline Gator-Bait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Hear they Taste like Chicken
« Reply #31 on: Dec 24, 2007, 05:41 AM »
Home watching fishing shows till the  ice gets right!!! Say Wojo don't get caught out on the ice fishing next to that character Swantucky unless you have a tow rope, snow shovel, and large cooler with a lime it
and not in that order. It could get ugly out there. See ya first ice Gator :tipup:
Pull my Finger not my Leg

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 24, 2007, 07:27 AM »
Will do Gator !!!!  Come on ICE !!!!!!!!!

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 26, 2007, 07:14 AM »
The weather forecast for the next week doesn't bode well for us hard water guys in Ohio.  Sure wish it'd turn cold quick!
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 26, 2007, 12:36 PM »
1977 walleye guy checking in!!! ;D

We were doing soooo good as far as making ice.......early January I hope.

Swantucky.....Hope I run into u on the big lake this yr., sorry I didn't wave you down last time, but i thought it was u.

Iceholefisherman.....w e fish some of the same waters, so maybe i'll run into you this Yr.!

bring on the ice

Jason

I think I remember you posting last season you were on Findlay #2. I also try to get to Findlay #1 and 2 but mainly fish 4,5,and 6 in Fostoria, as well as some farm ponds( my favorite). Also wouldn't mind trying the North Baltimore reservoir. I hear it has really good perch numbers. If I see I will get out to one of these this year, God willing, I will try to send you a PM 4 or 5 days in advance.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline HUNTER16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2007, 07:28 AM »
Most of us know in advance where and when we will be fishing.  If we post it here, maybe we could meet up on the ice.
Happiest when on a frozen lake!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.