Author Topic: Hello fellow buckeye anglers  (Read 12832 times)

Offline GOTICE?

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hello fellow buckeye anglers
« on: Sep 19, 2007, 12:40 PM »
Just want to say hey to all my fellow ice fishing buckeyes out there. I'm getting antsy waiting on ice but at least i have deer season to help things along. Hope I see more activity in the Ohio section then there has been lately once the ice starts. I mostly icefish Indian Lake but ever now and then I hit up St Marys or Alum if it ever gets good ice.

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Hello fellow buckeye anglers
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Burgoon OH here. I usually fish the reservoirs around the Fostoria and Findlay area. Farm ponds seem to be the best option around here except for Lake Erie of course. Been on Erie countless times in a boat but never on the ice. A friend of mine has been ice fishing Erie for twenty five years and said he's getting me out there this year.
As long as the great mother cooperates that is.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline Pork Rind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2007, 01:07 PM »
Hello from N/W Ohio.

Fish mostly in Michigan as I only live 8 miles from there and about 20 miles to the nearest lake. :) :)
Pork Rind

Clam Pro Staff, Vexilar Pro Staff, Lure Lipstick Pro Staff, Aqua-Vu Pro Staff

Offline dockdabber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2007, 08:48 PM »
       This is the Dockdabber in Delphos ohio just waiting for the Ice.  Sure hope we get it sooner than we did last year.  I fish Indian Lake alot for crappie and this year going to give the saugeye  a chance.  Mostly fish a lot of farm ponds in the area and do really good on the gills.  I am retired and fish all the time in the winter. Glad to see some buckeye action from my area on this site.  Hope we can stay in touch.

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2007, 10:22 PM »
I'd love to fish Indian lake this winter ,Have also wanted to hit Lake Erie too , All we got to do is get some ice . That cold snap ( Frost ) we had last week really got me fired up . Anyone wants to meet up with me at either place would be great . Keep in touch .
                                                                           John

Offline icefiend

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 2007, 12:24 AM »
 Hi all,

First time I've logged on here since spring. Some of these cooler nights have me thinking of the coming season.

Hopefully it arrives sooner and lasts longer then last year. Still plenty of fishing to do on Erie though. Perching

should only get better and the the hawgs should move to the area in a few weeks. Hope all has been well John

Boy. Maybe have a get together with a few of us on the ice this year.

Chris

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2007, 01:38 PM »
Hey Cris
Glad to see your your still kicken bud , lookin forward to meeting and fishing this coming ice season .
Keep in touch .

Offline muggs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 03, 2007, 09:09 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm in Northeast Ohio here. Looking forward to a good year, and yeah, the activity in this room should pick up once the ice starts to form.

Hope to see some of you guys out there.

Eric

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2007, 04:30 PM »
hi gang! glad to see some new ice anglers from the buckeye state. mt.vernon here. john_boy, glad to see you made it through the long hot summer. found a new place to fish, where i got to ride a beaver, but that's another story. heres to a long successful SAFE ice season.

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 31, 2007, 10:31 PM »
I have been busy at work and deer hunting so this is the first time I have been here sine the ice left last year.  Glad to see some early activity.  I'll hit the farm ponds and Sandusky bay if I have to but ERIE IS WHERE ITS AT!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline Rockman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2007, 08:21 AM »
Frost has got my juices flowing again.  I just had a "near Christmas experiance"!  While looking for something under the workbench I found a bag full of ice fishing merchandise and jigs that I purchased after last season at 30% of the original cost.  There were swedish pimples, Kastmaster jigs, Little Cleo's, some small Rapela's in different colors, Genz baits, three minnow nets, various spools of ice fishing line and two ultra light spinning reels.  What was I thinking last year?, why didn't I buy more stuff!, I could have saved even more $.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.