Author Topic: Toledo/Oregon  (Read 11996 times)

Offline williams.1753

• IceShanty Rookie
Toledo/Oregon
« on: Feb 15, 2007, 03:12 PM »
I might be heading up to the Toledo/Oregon area on Sat. and I'm looking to get some fishing in.  Can anyone tell me some good areas to try.  I like the panfish, never really went after walleye or saug etc.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Offline 1977 Walleye Guy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy, fishy, fishy!!!
Re: Toledo/Oregon
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2007, 08:53 PM »
You could go to maumee bay state park, they have ponds there.........but maybe some of the fella's from that neck of the woods can help you out a little more.
It's the hunt, not the harvest that matter's most!!

Offline esp1977

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2007, 12:56 PM »
Actually, has anyone been to the ponds at maumee bay state park recently?  I was thinking about heading over there with my daughter for an hour or two Sunday morning for some gills and was wondering how the ice is?  If not, I guess I'll go earlier and check it out, but if anyone could give me a head start I would appreciate it. 

Offline Bigbass101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2007, 12:56 PM »
I haven't been out there, but I've heard sporadic reports of crappies and gills being caught.  Most ice anglers fish the middle section between the big beach pond and the back pond.

Good luck
When the bass season is over, there's nothing better than ice fishing!

Offline adamj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2007, 08:00 PM »
Fished it twice this year with no luck. On 2-10 the ice was 10.5in thick. I did however talk to a buddy who fished it yesterday and nailed 22 slabs in a couple of hours. Maybe the warm weather turned em on. I'll be there this weekend for sure.

Offline adamj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2007, 10:19 AM »
Fished it yesterday with 5 dink crappies and 2 bass, all throwbacks. Ice is 11-13in. thick, smooth with no snow cover.

Offline littlebit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Fished it twice this year with no luck. On 2-10 the ice was 10.5in thick. I did however talk to a buddy who fished it yesterday and nailed 22 slabs in a couple of hours. Maybe the warm weather turned em on. I'll be there this weekend for sure.

Hi. This is my first attempt to contact anyone on Iceshanty.com. so please bear with me. I chose you to chat with because you are the closest to where I live. My husband and I used to live in Michigan.  He did a lot of ice fishing.  He used a spudbar, of course, to cut holes in the ice.  The part of Georgia I live in is very mountainous and there is a lot of rock in the ground.  The spud bar is ideal to use dig holes in the ground.  I have lost it and I would like to find a vendor from whom I might be able to buy another one. There will not be any place I can buy one in Georgia. My e-mail address is: [email protected]. If you have any suggestions for me. Thanks

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2007, 03:56 PM »
Hi and welcome. The store bought ones are nice but some of the best spud bars I have seen were home made.
I personally use one I made out of heavy water pipe(galvanized) and welded an old axe head to it. Welded a gusset on each side to stiffen it, and ground the edges to make it more like a chisel then an axe. Works great. If I see any good deals on a new one I will let you know.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline littlebit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2007, 05:30 PM »
Thanks for responding.  I don't think I can have one made as  you suggest. I appreciate your looking out for one for me...it doesn't have to be a good deal especially. I would just like to find one at any cost.

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2007, 03:34 PM »
Littlebit,
   Here is a link for a decent deal on a spud bar.  Hope this helps.

http://www.hooverfence.com/tools/digger-tamper.htm

Offline littlebit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2007, 06:29 PM »
Littlebit,
   Here is a link for a decent deal on a spud bar.  Hope this helps.

http://www.hooverfence.com/tools/digger-tamper.htm

Thanks for the tip.  I did see the web page...Think it is reasonable considering postage and handling is included. Thank you again

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2007, 03:35 AM »
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.