Author Topic: Mosquito?...  (Read 6219 times)

Offline Ice-canoe

• IceShanty Rookie
Mosquito?...
« on: Dec 18, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Stopped at the bait-shop and was told they were ice-fishing the north end of the lake and catching walleye. Anybody able to confirm that or was the bait-guy trying to sell extra minnows?

Offline Infidel

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Mosquito?...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2010, 05:09 AM »
 I was at Mosquito saturday around 3 pm.  I saw six shelters near the causeway. Some got on the ice from the causeway.  I saw no open water, not even at the bridge. Went to the bouy line and nobody was out there. Drilled a hole near shore and had 3" white ice. There may have been better ice further out.  Some people I know are fishing the bouy line this morning.

Offline mosquitowalleyehunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2010, 02:55 PM »
went out sunday bye the graveyard underwater bridge 3inch of ice and aboud 3 feet of slush under it could not even get lure down

Offline Erie Tom

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Memories
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2010, 02:58 PM »
Did they say how much ice wass there and with all the snow we had lately. Only thing I was hoping was the windkept it a little clean

Tom  /////// Willoughby

Offline mosquitowalleyehunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2010, 03:01 PM »
went out to the middle ice was about 2 in a half inches and still 3ft of slush no bites

Offline ditchdigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Any reports on the ice at skeeter?

Offline outdoorzman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2010, 10:56 PM »
I fished by the cemetery this morning and the ice was 5" in some spots and 2" in others.  There was some slush underneath the ice and I didn't do any good there so I left.  Went out from the causeway and fished several spots out front.  Ice was varying from 4-6" and a lot of wet spots out there making it a hard walk with the snow too.  Fishing sucked for me, only a dozen small crappies and they were very skittish.  It was nice to get out, but I was not in the mood to move around alot in search of walleyes.  Will probably be out again on Sunday.

Offline Night Eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2010, 11:33 PM »
I have 4 days off work and plan to fish everyone of them at the buoy line, all i need is a new battery for my vex and I'm set. ( does anyone know where i can find one?)

Offline jugghead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2010, 02:24 AM »
gotta  BATTERY WHOLESALE in your area , thats where i got one for my underwater camera , i think it was $20-$25 , LOL . PEACE

Offline ditchdigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2010, 07:52 AM »
I have 4 days off work and plan to fish everyone of them at the buoy line, all i need is a new battery for my vex and I'm set. ( does anyone know where i can find one?)
I've heard you can get them at tractor supply for alot less money.I would check there.Let me know if you go there because my battery is getting old.It's good to give your vex a charge a couple times during the off season,makes your battery last longer.At least thats what I heard.

Offline boo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2010, 08:01 AM »
How many volt battery are you looking for? I think I have what your looking for?
" Carpe Noctem"

Offline Night Eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2010, 07:51 PM »
i found a 12 volt battery at radio shack . i know i paid too much, but i wanted it now ! it was 34$. tractor supply was right across the street, i didn't think to check there. didn't read your post till now. i hope it last as long as the original vex battery. they last for years and years.  happy fishing!!!

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:02 AM »
i found a 12 volt battery at radio shack . i know i paid too much, but i wanted it now ! it was 34$. tractor supply was right across the street, i didn't think to check there. didn't read your post till now. i hope it last as long as the original vex battery. they last for years and years.  happy fishing!!!

I know its too late but Cabelas has them for $25 or something ? Plus Marks bait and tackle in Ravena Should have them ?

Offline boo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:07 AM »
I have 8 12 volt batteries, I would have sold them to you for 5 bucks a piece
" Carpe Noctem"

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2010, 08:52 AM »
Three guys sunk their 6wheeler yesterday along the bouy line, they had a tow truck there lastnight trying to pull it out when I left. I was wondering if they were successful, any reports? Fishing has been pretty slow for me-nice slab crappies but putting in time for them. I caught a nice northern pike on Tuesday, 10lbs, no walleye yet. I hope to be back out after the holiday

Offline Infidel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 24, 2010, 09:44 AM »
 The Argo is still in the ice. I just got a picture of it on my phone. Looks like it floats low in the water so it can't get out.

Offline rudder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2010, 01:48 PM »
The Argo is still in the ice. I just got a picture of it on my phone. Looks like it floats low in the water so it can't get out.
If you could post up that pic.

Offline Night Eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 24, 2010, 02:51 PM »
I have 8 12 volt batteries, I would have sold them to you for 5 bucks a piece
i would bye one of them for back up. why do you have 8 12 volt battery's, and what amps are they?

Offline ditchdigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 24, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Since when can u have atv's on (or in) the lake ???

Offline Night Eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 24, 2010, 03:18 PM »
Since when can u have ATVs on (or in) the lake ???
I was wondering that myself. if you own property on the lake can you use an ATV? i see snowmobiles on the lake but just figured they are to fast to get caught.

Offline Infidel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 24, 2010, 09:03 PM »
 An Argo is amphibious maybee it is considered a watercraft ? I would post a pic of it in the ice if I knew how.

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #21 on: Dec 24, 2010, 10:09 PM »
i always thought it was illegal!  would have used my wheeler instead of draggin' all my stuff out.  how's the fishing?

Offline BIGPAPA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 25, 2010, 09:08 AM »
I believe there is a sign posted by the bait shop prohibiting motorized vehicles on the lake. I've seen snowmobile tracks on the edge of the lake, but never out by were we fish.

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Dec 25, 2010, 09:47 AM »
the way I heard it is that if its registered as a watercraft and the person is handicapped or something like that then its legal.    it was pulled out yesterday but left a ton of trash and sticks on the ice...  the guy was a moron in my opinion

Offline boo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 25, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Im not sure how many amps they are, i would have to check. I acquired them through someone at work. They are very much chargeable to if you have a charger obviously. Where you from? Cause Im not drive real far to sell a $5 battery.
" Carpe Noctem"

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 25, 2010, 10:41 AM »
pic from Infidel

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #26 on: Dec 25, 2010, 11:29 AM »
the way I heard it is that if its registered as a watercraft and the person is handicapped or something like that then its legal.    it was pulled out yesterday but left a ton of trash and sticks on the ice...  the guy was a moron in my opinion
we've had ice for a week or so.... your opinion is right about what i was thinkin'.makes us all look bad!!

Offline Hickory

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 25, 2010, 01:22 PM »
All I have to say is WOW!  Those machines are heavy!  What was that guy thinking?  Driving out on thin milky ice!  How far out did that guy make it?  Takes all kinds I guess, nice of him to set a death trap for the rest of us!

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Dec 25, 2010, 05:15 PM »
he was actually driving around a good bit I hear and there are tracks to prove it... and he went thru while going back to shore.. got out.. then in for good

Offline Night Eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 25, 2010, 08:34 PM »
I'm not sure how many amps they are, i would have to check. I acquired them through someone at work. They are very much chargeable to if you have a charger obviously. Where you from? Cause I'm not drive real far to sell a $5 battery.

i understand that. i live by west branch reservoir. i fish mosquito when i can. if your in that area i would travel for a 5$ battery if not, that's fine. I'm looking for a 7.2 amp. it would have to fit in my vex pack. i plan on fishing mosquito tomorrow . if i do any good I'll let you know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.